Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling RK. Street Glide or Road Glide next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 08:43 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

I was asking the same question. I studied both bikes, decided on the SG, went to buy and came home with an Electra Glide. IMO it was the pretty much the same bike but more of a blank canvas. Good luck

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:03 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tna1000
Well we just got back from riding one at the dealer. Rode an 08 RG. Not to bad I must say. Enjoyed the tunes and the automatic volume control was really nice. But, even tough the wife thought the wind protection was great, shes not confinced yet and neither am I. She did note that we wouldnt win any more bike shows because of the fairing! Im not entirely sure about that reasoning though. I may just go ahead and get one of the detachable fairings for my bike. Too many choices. Do the aftermarket fairings for RKs have volume control?
On on volume control question for aftermarkets fairings looks like Biketronics has something.

Biketronics innovation does it again! The RetroRadio™ Nomad Radio Control Kit includes special detachable handlebar radio controls so you don’t have to risk your life to adjust your radio. Packages available that include everything you need to outfi t your aftermarket fairing (or Police model FL) with a radio

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:06 AM
!!!SPEEDY!!!
Advanced

You will regret it if you sell, go out buy a detachable fairing. Then its like having two different bikes.

Old 08-12-2008 | 03:30 PM
tna1000
|
Tourer

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I think now I have thought about it so much that Im just jonesin for something different. The whole thought was to POSSIBLY sell mine and make enough after payoff to get something else. To be honest, I have gotten on a kick about getting out of debt. Everyone wants to, but Im finally doing something about it. I really like my ride alot, but the wife and I really enjoy touring. Not to knock anything like a classic, but Im dont quite to that age yet. Maybe another 10 years and that will be on the list. I have always been a little different from the crowd, so im leaning towards the roadie if I go thru with it all. Guess I could put mine on ebay with a high reserve just to see what it will bring. That will probably make my mind up real soon. If it sells, I think I would prefer a 04-06 roadie. We will see.

Old 08-12-2008 | 03:56 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

You know you can keep that great looking bike and add what ever you want.

Old 08-12-2008 | 06:52 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i am partial to the road glide also great bike i am happier than a sissy on a sailor boat

ride safe