Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
If you truely believe your bike wont fall on your chock because you spent more money I know of a bridge for sale
What i believe is that you insist on defending being cheap and i am not defending anything. I truly don't care what you use but you seem to be interested in what i use. You have only been lucky so far with your equipment (word used loosely) and thats great for you. I only wish to share what works for me and my experience with these excellent products and you seem to have a problem with that. I like what i use and do not need to defend it as it has already spoken for itself. If your are proud of you money saving venture that by all means share it with the other misers on here but no need in insulting those of us that wish to spend the money on good quality parts that are built to last. As for that bridge you have, You are the one who bought it from someone not me so enjoy it and pray it was not made by minds like yours.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXSTDSE2
I have never seen a wheel chuck cause a bike to fall while transporting. Most problems are operator error! Not straping it in corectally 2nd strap failure. 3nd is the tiedowns. I always get the 6000# ones.
They don't cause bikes to fall, they keep them from falling and i am more comfortable with the one that is built to last. Most problems i have seen are from junk equipment so i did not go that route. I can load my UC by myself in 5 minutes with the confidence that i did everything i could to get it there in perfect condition and so far thats the case.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by captjon37
What i believe is that you insist on defending being cheap and i am not defending anything. I truly don't care what you use but you seem to be interested in what i use. You have only been lucky so far with your equipment (word used loosely) and thats great for you. I only wish to share what works for me and my experience with these excellent products and you seem to have a problem with that. I like what i use and do not need to defend it as it has already spoken for itself. If your are proud of you money saving venture that by all means share it with the other misers on here but no need in insulting those of us that wish to spend the money on good quality parts that are built to last. As for that bridge you have, You are the one who bought it from someone not me so enjoy it and pray it was not made by minds like yours.
Not at all defending being cheap...If that was the case id be on a metric forum. This guy was asking for advise and was told not to go cheap. I was simply stating that you can go cheap on a chock that has proved worthwile by many forum members including myself. Your the one slaming my "equipment" Whos the one insulting others? Glad you spent $300 plus on a chock, Im sure I could afford a expensive chock too but I prefer not to live by the "more expensive is better" attitude. That old saying has been proved wrong plenty of times. Your happy with your chock and im happy with mine thats all that matters.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captjon37
They don't cause bikes to fall, they keep them from falling and i am more comfortable with the one that is built to last. Most problems i have seen are from junk equipment so i did not go that route. I can load my UC by myself in 5 minutes with the confidence that i did everything i could to get it there in perfect condition and so far thats the case.
I think you missed my point. I don't care if you spend $40 or $1000, Properly securing the bike with whatever chock you own is #1. Even though I do not have one, I have seen the Harbor Freight Chock in action. It is not as REFINED as the expensive ones but it is more than adequate. I also have the exact same trailer as HRLYSG but only paid $1600 for it. Would that make my trailer inferior?

Last edited by FXSTDSE2; 08-10-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Montyb123
Advanced

If you paid more than $30.00 for Harbor F you paid too much. I have seen it advertised for 19.99 in the States. Mine works fine and isn't crap, seems we like what ever we have.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXSTDSE2
I think you missed my point. I don't care if you spend $40 or $1000, Properly securing the bike with whatever chock you own is #1. Even though I do not have one, I have seen the Harbor Freight Chock in action. It is not as REFINED as the expensive ones but it is more than adequate. I also have the exact same trailer as HRLYSG but only paid $1600 for it. Would that make my trailer inferior?
If i missed your point it's because you did not make it. It's not what you spend that makes a product good. It just happens to be that good products usually cost more. I believe in you get what you pay for and i do not understand people like me who buy a 20k+ bike then unlike me try to cut the wrong corners. My bike is over 800lbs and i have to load and unload it by myself so i want to be able to trust what i use. Your trailer question only makes you inferior.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:28 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain

we see that..you dont understand

Old 08-10-2008, 02:32 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
Then please...dont understand
Don't hate me my simple little friend. Hows the bridge sale going?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:37 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

There is no need to be in a pissing contest with everyone that doesn't have the same thoughts and ideals as you. But if you insist, I think you need to change your Sig to "My Way Or The Highway!"

Old 08-10-2008, 02:37 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Wink

still for sale..you better look in to it as they just raised the price...must be quality material.

Quick Reply: Wheel Chock