Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin seats......

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Garrison1383
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin seats......

Anyone have a corbin dual touring seat on their bike w/ the 2 backrests...... any photos of a bike w/ this seat on it and how comfortable is the seat -- $600 for a seat is a high price and would like to see photos before purchasing

thanks,
garrison

Old 03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain
Default RE: corbin seats......

I don't know if this will help. I bought a corbin on ebay a couple of years ago. The corbin is an aquired feel in my opinion. I thought the seat was too stiff. It had a deep bucket that bothered my lower back. I have a bad back!. It was not the seat for me. I know there are many happy corbin owners here. It was just not the seat for me. I really do suggest going somewhere to try out a new seat. All of us have different pressure points and ideas in comfort. That's why there are so many different seats and buyers.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Loch
Tourer

I would also like to see pictures of the Corbin dual touring seat with a backrest or two. They have the original backrest and then those oval back ones. It would be nice to see the seat with one of those oval backrests in the rear position.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is a pic of the dual touring seat on my EG Classic. It has the standard backrest, and not two. If you have a passenger then the passenger has the backrest and your backrest is the passenger. If you don't have a passenger you use the backrest. It's the same for passenger of rider, you just move it to a different position.

As far as I am concerned, the Corbin is the most comfortable long distance touring seat that you can get, but like someone said, they are not for everyone.

Here is a pic. of the seat without the backrest or the tour pac.

Regards,

Bill

Old 03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
FreedmRider
Road Captain

Here is my RK Custom with the dual tourer... No Corbin backrest yet...
Might be an aquired taste but I find the seat to be very comfortable.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:41 PM
dja1340
Advanced

Don't have one on my FXRD but I ran a Dual-Tour on my 96 FXD for 56,000 miles. Several 700-800 mile days. Best seat I ever used for long trips. 500 mile days were easy on the arss. The firmness is the key--nothing to compress and/or collapse. Watch the boxer wrinkles though.

Doug

Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 PM
trning
Advanced

I have the dual tour seat without the driver backrest. I do have the passanger backrest. We decided to get the newseat after our first long trip. Both my wife and I love the seat. If you're looking for a pillow soft seat this isn't it. It does however offer a lot more support in all the right places. It has a firm ride that conforms to your shape. In my mind it was the best purchase I've made for my bike.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

gmcyclesinc on EBAY ( Eric) is a Corbin retailer and if you email him he will probably sell you what you want for his reserve price or better.

He has offered group discounts to the ZRX Owners association in the past, If you email him feel free to drop my name (Neggy) from the ZRX Owners Association.

Corbins are hard when new and take about 1000 miles to break in.

There ave also been some comments on the ZRX board about Corbins quality as of late so you might want to research that out before dropping huge money.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

I have this seat on my R.K., check ebay, I got mine brand new for 1/2 of the price of retail.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:49 AM
wingt50dw
Road Master

I have a Studded Corbin Dual Tour on my 97RK. The look and the quality is awesome, not to mention the comfort. I am going to get a driver backrest as soon as I can afford it. Just like mndemohead, I got mine brand new off ebay for around 430.00. Worth every penny. I wouldn't give 2 $**ts for any seat that the MOCO makes. I weigh 330 lbs , which means I know, because I have a fatter a$$ than most, when a seat is truly comfortable.

Quick Reply: corbin seats......