Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedo fog up

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default speedo fog up

I have an 08 RKC. The speedometer fogs up inside around the edge. Everyday it seems to get a little worse. Dealer says Harley doesn't replace them until it's so bad you can't see anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Lochness
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo fog up

I don't have a problem with my Speedo fogging up just my tach. It seems if I let the bike warm up in the morning it will be foggy until the sun hits the bike for awhile. This is on my '08 Electra Glide Classic.

I haven't approached the dealer yet because I'm waiting for storage time to have my entire list of problems addressed at once. This is my first Harley and I never would have expected so many issues (most small) on a bike that costs so much and with such a history. These bikes are 10+ years behind the times on technology and still can't get it right.

The image, sound and history is all I see going for them.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Lochness
I don't have a problem with my Speedo fogging up just my tach. It seems if I let the bike warm up in the morning it will be foggy until the sun hits the bike for awhile. This is on my '08 Electra Glide Classic.

I haven't approached the dealer yet because I'm waiting for storage time to have my entire list of problems addressed at once. This is my first Harley and I never would have expected so many issues (most small) on a bike that costs so much and with such a history. These bikes are 10+ years behind the times on technology and still can't get it right.

Ok, I gotta ask, call me a smart azz if you want, but if these bikes are 10+ years behind the times on technology and still can't get it right, can you explain the rationale for spending $20K+ one? Is your investment in the image, sound and history? A few photos, some sound bytes and a Harley history book would have saved about $19,900.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
DoubleD07
Novice
Angry Fogged Speedo

My 06 RKC had fogged speedo due to water penetration. Dealer replaced it last year when it wouldn't clear after it sat in the full sun for a while. I actually couldn't read speedo some of the time. Now the new speedo and the turn signal indicators on the dash are fogging too. I don't wash the bike with more than regular hose pressure and don't directly spray the dash, so it must be just a poor design. I have had several metric bikes that never had any problem with. Kind of PMO!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

Dealer told me that was normal.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
dogpound
Novice

No problems with mine...

Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
palerider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lochness

I would recommend Penny loafers and a Mazda Miata next time. They are up to date on technology and I hear they run cool and there gauges don’t fog up.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

my speedo fogged up once after washing the bike i let it sit in the sun and it
went away i am not sure if you can take them apart so you can rain x them ??
ride safe