Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Keener
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip

Great riding, beautiful scenary, and time woth old friends. We had a blast, rode every tar rode in the area, put on great miles. Drank plenty of beer, and ate buffalo. We saw some great "Sights" downtown Sturgis. Didn't get roudy though, we stayed in Custer. I think they roll up the sidewalks about 9:30 there. We tried to find some excitment in Custer, but all was calm.

Attached Thumbnails Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip-forum1.jpg   Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip-forum2.jpg   Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip-forum3.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

How was the weather?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Keener
Tourer
Default Weather at Sturgis Sat - Wed

No trouble at all. We drove though some heavey mist froma low cloud a few miles on Tues. It rained on us coming back again Tues. With the rigth gear, and a clear head, it ws no trouble. If I was into too many beers, and driving too fast, the story might be different.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
dtmues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Our first trip there also. It was wonderful however we left on friday the 1st. I didn't wat to deal with the zoo. What a great place to ride. The weather was beautiful. We're hoping to go again in a couple of years, might acually stay for rally week this time, as we would like to see the drag races & hill climb.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Yep, went in 2006 and really liked the things to see / ride. Much different than like Mrytle Beach and Daytona (i.e. not much in the way of things to ride to). Trailored my bike to Sturgis, but can't afford the gas prices now. However, might ride there in a couple years. Glad all made it back okay.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats and welcome back

Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
jbob
Cruiser

Just got back myself. I must say it was the most fun I have had in a very long time. I am pushing towards the end of this thing called life and I must say it gave me a new reason to look forward to next year. The countryside is wonderful and seeing all the vendors and bikes was so much fun. Stayed in Wall, so the ride over every day was a blast too. Zero problems in any fashion, so all can say is that it is great experince if you are into motorcycles.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
007 ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you had a great time. My first time was in the mid-late 1960's and all the bikes on main street only partially filled 1/2 block in front of Gunners Bar. Sure has changed since those days.

Missed some time in the 70's and back again in 1981 and nearly every year since. Always enjoy riding thru the hills and lots of places to ride to within a hundred or so miles if one has the time. The rally races, drags, etc. are good too. Not into the drinking thing anymore so seeing everything thru clear eyes is a plus.........and driving that way is too!

Enjoy life - you only go around once you know!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
007 ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you had a great time. My first time was in the mid-late 1960's and all the bikes on main street only partially filled 1/2 block in front of Gunners Bar. Sure has changed since those days.

Missed some time in the 70's and back again in 1981 and nearly every year since. Always enjoy riding thru the hills and lots of places to ride to within a hundred or so miles if one has the time. The rally races, drags, etc. are good too. Not into the drinking thing anymore so seeing everything thru clear eyes is a plus.........and driving that way is too!

Enjoy life - you only go around once you know!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

We had a great trip too. About 2500 miler round trip, taking in all the sights. Ah, life is good!

Quick Reply: Just got back from my 1st Sturgis Trip