Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h-d recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your dealer is looking to lose customers rather than rearrange his priorities; typical "stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime" dealer mentality

Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
cmcsns
Road Master

For the record, I bought my bike elsewhere but brought it in to Crystal River HD where 2 cigarettes and a cup of coffee later I was out of there! Good service dept., always been helpful AND wah the bike before they give it back!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 AM
cmcsns
Road Master

For the record, I bought my bike elsewhere but brought it in to Crystal River HD where 2 cigarettes and a cup of coffee later I was out of there! Good service dept., always been helpful AND wah the bike before they give it back!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Luckly mine was built after they discovered there F**kup and I'am good to go, but what is next I have to ask?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biz44
Look guys God didnt make these bikes......stuff WILL fail.....then its how the dealer and the MOCO handle the problem that makes the difference.
Yeah, and "god" made you,, I'm sure you never fail right??? c'mon guys.. Don't be we todd did...

Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
First of all, were not talking about a Ford. were talking about a "barley" 6 month old Harley Davidson. When a car manufacturer does a recall, they provide you with a loaner. Why is this? It's due to the hardship it causes you to do without your vehicle. I have had a dealership provide per diem for the fuel cost to bring in a vehicle for a recall. Harley's policies on fleet, rentals and keeping the lights on has nothing to do with me. They are a multi-billion dollar corporation, I'm not. I'm just the paying customer. I've got my own lights to keep on. This defect Harley caused has come out of my pocket! The only difference is I'm not going to pass on the extra added expense to the next customer that comes in the door. Their in a business. When big mistakes happen, you must compensate customers, rightfully. God help Harley if somone get killed because of this defect. This is unfortunately what the courts are needed for. If I did this, that is a different story. If somone else did it, I expect to be compensated. I want what I paid for, a trouble free $21,000.000 product. My time and money is just as important as their's. I won't be getting my lost money back. They will though, 10 fold.
ford, harley davidson, subaru, whatever (esp since a ford would be considered by most to be transportation, while your hd would be considered by most to be recreation).... you sound like having a recall on a "barley 6 month old harley davidson" entitles you to some special treatment. if you've had a car dealer give you a loaner while he performs a 30 minute procedure, then hallelujah, brother, you must be some kinda ****, cause i've never been so fortunate. especially to get a per diem too! wow.

Harley's policies on fleet, rentals and keeping the lights on has nothing to do with me. so in other words, you don't care if hd went bankrupt, as long as you get your bike fixed.

I want what I paid for, a trouble free $21,000.000 product. bwahahaha, your kidding, right? look on your contract, does it say '1 trouble free motorcycle'? nope, didn't think so. dude, this is a man-made, mechanical object. you're not gonna get trouble free. espc. for 21,000. hell, even bentleys or rolls-royces have problems. yeah, yeah, i know. they'll go way out of their way to take care of any of those issues, but you pay over 100k for that privilege.

just a quick question, when someone asks you what you ride, do you say 'a motorcycle' or 'a harley davidson', just curious.

Last edited by skratch; 09-08-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
ford, harley davidson, subaru, whatever (esp since a ford would be considered by most to be transportation, while your hd would be considered by most to be recreation).... you sound like having a recall on a "barley 6 month old harley davidson" entitles you to some special treatment. if you've had a car dealer give you a loaner while he performs a 30 minute procedure, then hallelujah, brother, you must be some kinda ****, cause i've never been so fortunate. especially to get a per diem too! wow.

Harley's policies on fleet, rentals and keeping the lights on has nothing to do with me. so in other words, you don't care if hd went bankrupt, as long as you get your bike fixed.

I want what I paid for, a trouble free $21,000.000 product. bwahahaha, your kidding, right? look on your contract, does it say '1 trouble free motorcycle'? nope, didn't think so. dude, this is a man-made, mechanical object. you're not gonna get trouble free. espc. for 21,000. hell, even bentleys or rolls-royces have problems. yeah, yeah, i know. they'll go way out of their way to take care of any of those issues, but you pay over 100k for that privilege.

just a quick question, when someone asks you what you ride, do you say 'a motorcycle' or 'a harley davidson', just curious.
I could reply in kind, but grandma always said.... never make fun of the retarded.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Howards End
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say or feel what ever way you want but that s---'s funny! You got his number.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems. I'm hearing the same thing here in Montana.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Guess I should run down and kiss my dealer. Got my recall notice,pulled the dash off myself,and read the numbers to the service manager over the phone. He said I was good to go.

Quick Reply: h-d recall