Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h-d recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Supposed to get mine fixed next week. Guess we will wait and see.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Pay $30 for the part yourself and tell them to shove it
+1

I went to my local dealer and bought the part that fails HD PN/62229-08A for $30. Road back to my own shop at home and installed it. The dealer even gave me the required o-ring for free. They also said that if I wanted them to install the canister, they would do it while I wait for free in about 45 min, and I could be on my way. I didnt want to be a PIA, and I like wrenching on my own ****, so I went back home and had it all done in about a hour from start to clean up. I was also told by the dealer that I could submit the recipt for the canister to HD for a refund.....I may do just that.
Look guys God didnt make these bikes......stuff WILL fail.....then its how the dealer and the MOCO handle the problem that makes the difference. So far I am happy with the way everything has been handled by both my local dealer and the MOCO.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

Not 2 weeks after I posted for all to contact any and all HD information sources to push for a recall, I got my recall in the mail from Harley Davidson. I had the same situation with the dealer I bought my 2008 Road Glide from in late Feburary. They told me I would have to be put on a waiting list and wait for them to call me and only then I could drive the 130 miles round trip to bring it in. The service manager told me they might not have to replace it at all. They would have to dissemble it and see if it was the old one, if it was not they would put it all back together and send me on my way. Nothing like spending your entire day off sitting on your *** in your Harley dealership instead of riding, through no fault of your own. Damn things not even 6 months old. This will be my 2nd and last Harley Davidson. In about 6 more months, I "may" trade it in for a Big Dog chopper. What the hell. Harley doesn't care anyway. I've never experienenced them ever giving a s--- for me or my concerns. I don't mean to vent, but it's a brand new bike. In past post I've told the tales of other problems I had in only these few months. It takes a big piece of the enjoyment factor out when you start having problems with a 6 month new bike. Thanks for listing.

Last edited by Dispatch; 08-22-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Corrections to post.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine done, but I think I was first in line. Dealer told me that they are only getting a limited number at a time so they can't get everybody done on quick turn around.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM
oasiscycles
2nd Gear
Default recalls

i too have the pleasure of having a harley that was affected by the recall. but my expierence was quite different. 1st of all my service tech stated that he has only seen 2 that was damaged so far and most of them give a warning sign. such as loss of power, sluggishness, or wont run at all. i was advised to continue riding the bike but with the understanding that it might fail so don't put you or your rider at risk by pulling out in front of someone so you wont get run over. it took a week for my dealer to get the part and 1/2 an hour to install it as i waited. mine was not damaged but was the old design the new one has a spiral spring to keep it from colapsing. sorry to hear about your bad experiences but atleast harley does give a darn about your saftey and recalled it on their own. by the way big dog is a great bike but their wiring and ecm sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had one of those and it stayed in the shop more than on the road. so good luck!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
kbear
Road Captain

Got ours today too late to see what they say. That is ugly them doing the rental fleet first. Good customer service...wow. Idaho hmmm...

Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 PM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by oasiscycles
i too have the pleasure of having a harley that was affected by the recall. but my expierence was quite different. 1st of all my service tech stated that he has only seen 2 that was damaged so far and most of them give a warning sign. such as loss of power, sluggishness, or wont run at all. i was advised to continue riding the bike but with the understanding that it might fail so don't put you or your rider at risk by pulling out in front of someone so you wont get run over. it took a week for my dealer to get the part and 1/2 an hour to install it as i waited. mine was not damaged but was the old design the new one has a spiral spring to keep it from colapsing. sorry to hear about your bad experiences but atleast harley does give a darn about your saftey and recalled it on their own. by the way big dog is a great bike but their wiring and ecm sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had one of those and it stayed in the shop more than on the road. so good luck!!!!!!!!
Great, there ya go being all adult and stuff. Its just funny as hell to watch people post " This is my last BLa BLa BLa..." Get over yourselves. No wait the comedy here is free.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact HD Customer Service you might be surprised what they can do...

Old 08-21-2008, 10:31 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that stinks!!!!! call another dealer. I had a non selling dealer taker care of me no problem. I have also ordered the part but have yet to see it for a month!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by sectime
Great, there ya go being all adult and stuff. Its just funny as hell to watch people post " This is my last BLa BLa BLa..." Get over yourselves. No wait the comedy here is free.
I could respond in kind but grandma always said.... never make fun of the retarded.

Quick Reply: h-d recall