Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley X vs. Harley sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
20RDKING04
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiley's all the way.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
hdslam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Wiley X, good product. I will not purchase anything from the stealer.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Leonidas
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHiLi_11
I have the Wiley X Drapht and swear by them. Wouldn't ride with anything else!
http://www.wileyx.com/index.aspx
How do you find the fit of the Drapht?
I really like these shades but am a lil concerned about not having enough seal around the eye as they don't come with the eye foam seal thingy's. I have panoptix diablo's right now (the only one's that had a good seal around my eye... ever since my accident my left eye gets really irritated from any wind and waters up).

If the Drapht model will keep the wind out then I think I'll grab a pair, I really like the look of them (hate the look of my diablo). If not maybe I'll grab the airborne, not quite as keen on the looks as teh Drapht but they look pretty nice from what I've seen (pictures online).

Old 04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to try them on to check the fit for your face. It's the only way I've found to get a good pair. Most well known brands hold up just fine, 7's, WileyX, RayBans, etc.

I just ordered a new pair of Jakes for myself today. I had them deliver the frames for a fit up first, and I plan to have the optometrist tweak them by heating the bridge and closing the temples a bit.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Leonidas
Road Master

Originally Posted by street_glider
You have to try them on to check the fit for your face. It's the only way I've found to get a good pair. Most well known brands hold up just fine, 7's, WileyX, RayBans, etc.

I just ordered a new pair of Jakes for myself today. I had them deliver the frames for a fit up first, and I plan to have the optometrist tweak them by heating the bridge and closing the temples a bit.
I wish I had the option of trying them on first, but I don't know of anyone carrying them around here.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a pair from HD for $12 about 8 month ago and they have worked fine. I se them everyday. I like goggles too.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
RBowers
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

I have Wiley-X air rage with the removeable foam and light darkening lenses. For the 135.00 that I spent on them I really like them. IMO they are great at night and I do get some glare in bright sun.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonidas
I wish I had the option of trying them on first, but I don't know of anyone carrying them around here.
Do you need a perscription? I went to my eye doctor. Luckily - my insurance covered all but $35.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Leonidas
Road Master

Originally Posted by street_glider
Do you need a perscription? I went to my eye doctor. Luckily - my insurance covered all but $35.
I don't need prescription all I need is proper fit at this point it's just a pain when I can't find any local stores (Toronto) who carry them so I can try em on to be sure.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
jdtest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oakley's

Quick Reply: Wiley X vs. Harley sunglasses