Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakyn panacea ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:29 AM
jbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kuryakyn panacea ??

Was out in Sturgis and was talking to the kuryakyn rep at their tent by J&P cycles. I was looking at getting the panecea brake light and turn signal set up for my Road King. They were way backed up for installation so I decided to move on and check it out when I got home. After talking to the salesman I remember him saying it might effect the security system and maybe some other issues. Well when I read the installation instructions on line it says you can't use your emergency flashers or it could start a fire. Does anyone out there know about this product and why would they sell a product that basically deletes a safety device that could save your life if you break down? They had a static display and it was really cool the way it worked, but burning your bike to the ground is a little over the top for cool. Any input on this product?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
catracho
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the module that HD sells. No problems at the moment. Cost about $50.00

Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I used the HD LED Taillight with the Kuryakyn Led Signal replacements front ant back and then the Kuryakyn Run / Turn / Break. Does not ahve all the fancy deisgns in the tail light but really bring and stands out. Works no issues and no impact on flashers.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those load equalizers for the led signals create resistance (and heat) to fool the flasher module into thinking you have normal bulbs installed. Remember if one bulb is burned out you get a fast flash... Anyway, there are other equalizers out there that use electronics and do not create the heat. Safe for 4-way flasher use/parade duty. Check out customdynamics.com or biketronics.com for other options if you aren't dead set on Kuryakyn. (I wasn't very impressed with the brightness of their setup compared to what I got from Custom Dynamics) Just my .02

Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Kury Panacea on my Road King and love them. No problems and and easy install.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
sbergerson
Cruiser
Default Just installed and disappointed in no 4-ways

I just installed the Panacea's on my 03 Road King Classic. Installation was simple and they look good, but I am disappointed in not being able to use my 4 ways. I am a First Responder and use my 4-ways when I am parked at an accident scene.

Kuryakyn says the only way to use the 4-ways is to remove the load resistor. But... then you lose turn signal functionality. I guess I'll go without 4-ways for now.

If anyone has figured out a way to mod these, please post! I spent over $200 on these things.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 AM
BlackBagger
Cruiser

I have the full Panacea setup. The four way was a problem until I bought the Biketronics load equalizer, everything works perfectly and no problem with the alarm or the four way. I did some research here and called Biketronics, best customer service around. If you decide to go that route, give them a call.

Mike

Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
sbergerson
Cruiser

Just called Biketronics. You were right!! They are VERY HELPFUL. My new load equalizer is on its way.

Thanks
Steve

Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default past threads

I could have sworn I have read in past threads that if you disconnect the battery after installing the lights and then reconnect the system will relearn the loads and you won't need a load equalizer. Does anyone else remember that? Or have I just completely lost My mind! LOL

Mike

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
20RDKING04
Intermediate

plug and play...really easy to install.

Quick Reply: kuryakyn panacea ??