Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtrough

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008 | 12:21 AM
munch34m
|
Cruiser
Default Hogtrough

Just ordered the Hogtrough lower doors with locks and cup holder. Anyone have any experience with these? Did I make good impulse purchase.

Old 08-04-2008 | 09:34 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Hogtrough

Get these also:
Product ID: 58714-06
Fitted Glove Box Liner Kit
&nbsp\\;

Protect your belongings and reduce noise and rattles on the road. Soft-touch felt-finish liner is formed to the fairing glove box interior for a perfect fit. Molded base and sides maximize the interior room, and one-piece design allows easy removal for cleaning and maintenance.

Fits Touring models equipped with vented fairing lowers.
[/align]

&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;[/align]

Old 08-04-2008 | 10:01 AM
Magos
Tourer

pics?

Old 08-04-2008 | 10:04 AM
cwalker1
Novice

Can you post a quick link to the product?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks

Old 08-04-2008 | 10:13 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Old 08-04-2008 | 11:45 AM
swalter10
Intermediate

Doors, locks, cup holder is good quality.
&nbsp\\;
The water bottle and&nbsp\\;jacket is junk!
&nbsp\\;
First time pulling up the zipper it came off in my hand.&nbsp\\;A 20 minute fight&nbsp\\;to fix it. The pull top of the water bottle lid is too loose. Every time I went to take a drink&nbsp\\;it would close up on me. Tried holding it open with my teeth and all&nbsp\\;I did was suck more air than water thru the side. Into the trash&nbsp\\;they went.
&nbsp\\;
Went to Walmart and found a sport bottle with the same type&nbsp\\;jacket but with&nbsp\\;velcro instead of a zipper. Perfect! The bottle&nbsp\\;had a better lid but was to tight to operate going down the road. Tried a&nbsp\\;32 oz water bottle with the same type of pull top as the Hogtrough water bottle from my&nbsp\\;local convience store&nbsp\\;and it was perfect! Been using&nbsp\\;this combo since I tossed out&nbsp\\;Hogtrough's water bottle and jacket.
&nbsp\\;
The insulated mug is ok, but there is too much space between it and the cup holder. When the mug is empty it bounces around and makes a lot of noise. There were a few times I thought it would blow out of the cup holder. I will need to find some method to take up the extra space.
&nbsp\\;
Hogtrough needs to pick a different vendor&nbsp\\;to supply&nbsp\\;the water bottle.

Old 08-04-2008 | 04:55 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

Are those doors really that secure or can they be easily popped off?

Old 08-04-2008 | 05:18 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

It won't let me say anything
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;

Old 08-04-2008 | 05:27 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: OregonRoadKing

Are those doors really that secure or can they be easily popped off?
&nbsp\\;
They won't come off easily

Old 08-04-2008 | 09:11 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: swalter10

Doors, locks, cup holder is good quality.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The water bottle and&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;jacket is junk!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
First time pulling up the zipper it came off in my hand.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;A 20 minute fight&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;to fix it. The pull top of the water bottle lid is too loose. Every time I went to take a drink&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;it would close up on me. Tried holding it open with my teeth and all&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I did was suck more air than water thru the side. Into the trash&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;they went.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Went to Walmart and found a sport bottle with the same type&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;jacket but with&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;velcro instead of a zipper. Perfect! The bottle&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;had a better lid but was to tight to operate going down the road. Tried a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;32 oz water bottle with the same type of pull top as the Hogtrough water bottle from my&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;local convience store&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and it was perfect! Been using&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;this combo since I tossed out&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Hogtrough's water bottle and jacket.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The insulated mug is ok, but there is too much space between it and the cup holder. When the mug is empty it bounces around and makes a lot of noise. There were a few times I thought it would blow out of the cup holder. I will need to find some method to take up the extra space.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Hogtrough needs to pick a different vendor&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;to supply&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the water bottle.
It just kills me how these after-market suppliers sell 5 and 10 cent junk from China for hundreds of dollars just because they associate it with Harley.&nbsp\\; People wake up and stop buying this crap.

Quick Reply: Hogtrough