Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Cache
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?

Can someone answer this question?

Why do some dealers arbitrarily change the injectors without word one, while other dealers are adamant about not changing them unless they observe a sign or symptom? If donkey wrench doesn't feel like changing them then he say's your bike is not affected or it runs just fine. Righteo!

I getting a little pissed about the whole ordeal. Why can't Moco issue a recall and see to it that ALL '06's are switched over to the new injectors? Seems like a little preventive maintenance to me. Is that not a good motto to live by? Preventive M goes a long way!

Am I asking for too much or just what I'm entitled to for making someones vacation home mortage/yacht payment?

This is my first HD and their behavior seems troubling to me.

Why are they putting the new injectors in on ones built after a certain date? What does that tell you?

HD , get on the ball and issue the recall for all bikes affected and stop playing games! These bikes cost too much money to play around with. Do the right thing and be done.

That's how reputations are built.... and cutomers kept... by good customer service, not back as* ward like I see!

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 03-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Branded
Road Master
Default RE: '06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?

Amen! I agree 100% brother

Old 03-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Loch
Tourer

Call another dealer. I’ve read on here before that if your dealer won’t do it usually another dealer is more than happy to make the warranty money. You bought a Harley not a bad dealer. You can have it serviced at any HD dealership.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:09 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to tell them that it stalls when cold and leaves you out in trafic and that were nearly in an accident numerous times. Also that when you pull out and it coughs it almost throws you off the bike. I told them that and they did not give me a hard time. The above is all true in my case. Mine are on order now.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I think some dealers don't care to deal with it because I've heard that they don't get the same hourly shop rate from HD on warranty work as they would normal customer work. As for the recall, I'd rather they leave my bike with the 8 deg injectors alone until I have a problem. It starts and runs just fine, I don't want to mess with something that runs fine to have something else go wrong.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:58 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,729 Likes on 1,259 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cache

Can someone answer this question?

Why do some dealers arbitrary change the injectors without word one, while other dealers are adamant about not changing them unless they observe a sign or symptom? If donkey wrench doesn't feel like changing them then he say's your bike is not affected or it runs just fine. Righteo!

I getting a little pissed about the whole ordeal. Why can't Moco issue a recall and see to it that ALL '06's are switched over to the new injectors? Seems like a little preventive maintenance to me. Is that not a good motto to live by? Preventive M goes a long way!

Am I asking for too much or just what I'm entitled to for making someones vacation home mortage/yacht payment?

This is my first HD and their behavior seems troubling to me.

Why are they putting the new injectors in on ones built after a certain date? What does that tell you?

HD , get on the ball and issue the recall for all bikes affected and stop playing games! These bikes cost too much money to play around with. Do the right thing and be done.

That's how reputations are built.... and cutomers kept... by good customer service, not back as* ward like I see!

[sm=badbadbad.gif]
I'll answer your question. It is all about money Multiply two injectors and labor times how many bikes built and take that off your bottom line. They are only going to fix the squeaky wheels to save money. Perhaps some day when they see their market share keep dipping lower they will wake up. Kinda funny today I heard that their stock is flat and they feel it is because their markey base is growing older and they are not attracting new customers. You would think that would be a wake up call.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
carsoni
Tourer

my 06 rk runs fine, as long as it does I'm not gonna jinx it

Old 03-16-2006, 10:30 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As stated they make less money for warranty work and don't think about the money they could make after satisfying the customer so they become a repeat customer.

Hit up another dealership and make sure not to spend another penny with the **** that won't work for YOU the customer!!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard that their stock is flat and they feel it is because their markey base is growing older and they are not attracting new customers. You would think that would be a wake up call.

I sold ALL of my HD stock last year, and I'm not sorry I did. The board is NON responsive to letters, and I can never get a call back from anyone.[:@]

As far as the CVO injectors go, my 06 FLTRI runs great with the stage l download and SE Active exhaust system, so I'm in agreement, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
JMHO, WD

[IMG]local://upfiles/8848/F21FDFEAADFF4EFD981D6D13F15F961E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Garrison1383
Cruiser

i just brought a new 06' rk standard home.... and i've had it stall on my three times at red lights -- i hate hearing that car behind me blow the horn....... i thought it was a timing problem... or a break in problem since i only have 74 miles on it...... so i'm assuming now that its an injector prob?

Garrison

Quick Reply: '06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?