Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:48 PM
doomie19
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?

ORIGINAL: Garrison1383

i just brought a new 06' rk standard home.... and i've had it stall on my three times at red lights -- i hate hearing that car behind me blow the horn....... i thought it was a timing problem... or a break in problem since i only have 74 miles on it...... so i'm assuming now that its an injector prob?

Garrison
Sounds just like mine. I'd get it in sooner rather than later; it took 2 weeks for my injectors to come in. It seems like the lead times are getting longer now. The 25*'s aren't in my bike yet, but should be in the next day or 2. I'm hoping that solves the problem.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:28 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

I have the same issue with my SG... I asked the dealer about the injector issue, and he played stupid. I called Corporate, told them what I knew, what I was going through, and said that I needed some help. The next day the head of service called me to schedule an appointment. The ride is going in this Friday... My symptom is one HARD stumble at the beginning of the ride, and going into heat management mode after about 10 minutes in traffic.

Take the service bulletin with you to the service department. If they act stupid, call corporate. Be nice, and see what happens. HD stock oughta be flat. This type of workmanship and service is not what made HD the premiere motorcycle in the US...

Old 03-16-2006, 07:39 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

I keep reading these injector threads and am just amazed that some bikes are fine and other's are not. My '06 FLTRI has almost 2k miles on it and is running fine. It was built in November '05, so I thought maybe I had the #25 injectors. I checked, I have the #8 injectors. I have not approached my dealer on this issue, but the service bulletin does have a flow chart they are supposed to follow.
They are not supposed to just "give" these injectors away if ur bike's running properly. I can totally understand Caches point, but I can also understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. I'm leaning more towards the latter, mostly 'cause I don't like anyone touching my scoots but me. Tuff call...

Old 03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

Mine coughs every now and then but it hasn't stalled on me yet. My bike was built 9-9-05 so I have to assume I have the 8# injectors. If they switch to the CVO's do they need to do anything to the ECM? I gotta believe they would have to. Does anyone know?

...just curious what is the A/F ratio on a stock Twin Cam running 8# injectors? What is it with the 25#'s?

I'd like to know.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read my paranoid post. Not saying that some don't have issues, but remember...YOU BOUGHT A HARLEY DAVIDSON. Harley in its 100 yr history, beginning with oil leaks, kick start issues, reliabilty, etc., has come a long way. They are not now or will ever be a Hon-Kaw-Yam-Bmw dealer...if you want one go get one. Most of what I see on this forum is a bunch of metic wanters that bought a Harley...when really, their desires were made overseas. Yeah, you have a lot of $$$ invested, but get off your *** and ride the bike and quit nit-picking. Sound like a bunch of old ladies. Gets you from point A to point B...be happy. Otherwise, go JAP. Not flaming you guys with ligitimate problems...just the cry babies. Tired of this $hit. You BOUGHT A HARLEY-DAVIDSON and surprise, that's what you got. Go ahead, flame me...but I am happy, done over a 150k on MC's.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Cache
Tourer

I appreciate your opinion and props for all the miles of safe riding.

But, regardless if it's a HD or a toaster, you as a consumer should have certain expectations of quality performance or you wouldn't have bought the product.

I hardly consider a bike stalling with the threat of leaving you exposed in an intersection unprotected as nit-picky.

I am happy about owning a HD, and the same for my Chevy. But if a problem exists I expect quality customer service....bar none!

Does that mean I should expect sub par performance just because it's a HD? Pleeeese donkey!

I expect the company to stand beside their product when problems arise regardless if it's a toaster, vacuum, or motorcycle.

The forum was designed to comment on issues that are of a concern. This was my concern.

I appreciate all those who make comments whether for or against.

Safe riding.

[:-]

Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Ditto I agree 100%

ORIGINAL: Cache

I appreciate your opinion and props for all the miles of safe riding.

But, regardless if it's a HD or a toaster, you as a consumer should have certain expectations of quality performance or you wouldn't have bought the product.

I hardly consider a bike stalling with the threat of leaving you exposed in an intersection unprotected as nit-picky.

I am happy about owning a HD, and the same for my Chevy. But if a problem exists I expect quality customer service....bar none!

Does that mean I should expect sub par performance just because it's a HD? Pleeeese donkey!

I expect the company to stand beside their product when problems arise regardless if it's a toaster, vacuum, or motorcycle.

The forum was designed to comment on issues that are of a concern. This was my concern.

I appreciate all those who make comments whether for or against.

Safe riding.

[:-]

Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

Gotta side with Cache on this one. [sm=proof.gif]

Old 03-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Matt115
Advanced

ORIGINAL: GOSTAZ

I have the same issue with my SG... I asked the dealer about the injector issue, and he played stupid. I called Corporate, told them what I knew, what I was going through, and said that I needed some help. The next day the head of service called me to schedule an appointment. The ride is going in this Friday... My symptom is one HARD stumble at the beginning of the ride, and going into heat management mode after about 10 minutes in traffic.

Take the service bulletin with you to the service department. If they act stupid, call corporate. Be nice, and see what happens. HD stock oughta be flat. This type of workmanship and service is not what made HD the premiere motorcycle in the US...
Hey Gostaz, What is heat management mode? Is there such a thing? And how can you tell? I've got the *8 injectors on my 06 RK Custom, and it seems it ride just fine.

Thanks, Matt

Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Blue
Advanced

Heat management mode, at idle if it's running hot it will skip spark in order to run
unburned fuel to cool the engine.

Quick Reply: '06 Injectors! MOCO sits idle...on recall?