Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUSH mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Moose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUSH mufflers

Im doing my first 500 mile break-in, then its time for SERT,Air Cleaner & pipes. In looking at all the different choices I came upon Rush mufflers. And was wondering if anyone had any experence with these. thanks

RUSH MUFFLERS

Old 03-15-2006, 06:39 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RUSH mufflers

Hi Moose.

I have a set of 2.25" Rush mufflers that I bought for my Street Glide. They are very high quality, and have a very nice deep, mellow sound. They are not overly loud - just deep sounding. I only had them on my Street Glide for 15 miles and I took them off and have had them packed away in their original packaging ever since. They look like new, and if you're interested I'll sell them to you for $250, and I'll pay shipping. Not a bad deal since they cost $300 new plus shipping.

Sorry that I don't have any pics for you, but you already know what they look like from the website. Like I said earlier, they are very high quality. Mine are the slash cut - the slash perfectly follows the lines of the saddlebags. They are VERY nice looking. Please don't confuse them with the mufflers in my signature pic - those are Hookers.

Doug

Old 03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

That's a good deal for the Rush mufflers. I like RIneharts they have slip on also.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Moose
Advanced

UGGA that is a great deal, was there something you didnt like about them? I have a gift card that the dealer gave me for pipes. But I'll keep this in mind.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
milwaukeeshaker
Banned

Try Rolling thunder mufflers. You can get a set for $199.00 shipping included, I run them on my 05 Ultra and just love them. Look them up on the web site www.rollingthunderpipes.com

Old 03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
milwaukeeshaker
Banned

Oops that was www.rollingthunderpipes.com

Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Moose

UGGA that is a great deal, was there something you didnt like about them? I have a gift card that the dealer gave me for pipes. But I'll keep this in mind.
Moose,

The problem is that I heard the Hookers. Time to sell the Rush. The Rush sound very nice, but like many mufflers, they sound "tinny" compared to the Hookers. However, the Hookers also cost $400. I've never been one for the "tinny" sound, but that's just me.

Doug

Old 03-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Moose
Advanced

Im not one for the tinny sound either, but lately cops around here have been setting up db testing and so Im looking for something that sounds good but wont get me a ticket for being to loud.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:45 PM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Moose

Im not one for the tinny sound either, but lately cops around here have been setting up db testing and so Im looking for something that sounds good but wont get me a ticket for being to loud.
The Rush would be perfect for you in that case Moose. The 2.25" definitely won't get you in trouble with the law. They make even quiter sets than the 2.25" - they also make 2" and 1.75" baffles.

Doug

Old 03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

And they make 2.5" baffles too.

2.00 are too quiet IMHO.

I'm putting the 2.5" baffles in next week.

Nice thing is the baffles are like only $50 for the pair.

Check out this thread too - https://www.hdforums.com/fb.asp?m=295158

Dave H.

Quick Reply: RUSH mufflers