Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK with Ultra Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Animal494
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK with Ultra Seat

Just saw a RK on Cycle Trader that had an Ultra Seat mounted - complete with rider backrest.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...LHRCI-93366544

I don't think in all my studies here I have heard of or seen of such an arrangement.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It looks pretty damn sharp and I'm sure it's comfy IMHO... I can only imagine what a great arrangement it'd be after Mean City got done with a stock Ultra saddle!

Any other RKs out there with similar Ultra saddle set ups?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Is it as comfortable as it looks?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Any special mods required to make it fit? MCC - done any foam shaving for a similar setup?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
swaite
Road Captain
Default RE: RK with Ultra Seat

not a fan of the seat, althoug I think its a street glide seat. I like the stock classic seat for looks or the badlander

Old 08-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Animal494
Cruiser

Come on! No RKs out there are running with this saddle set up?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Brian
Advanced

An Ultra seat or any seat not made for a Road King will not fit. I've tried to do&nbsp\\;it on mine. The chrome tank console gets in the way. Only a seat made specifically for a RK will fit.
An Ultra seat has a long nose, and extends about 4" onto the tank. The Ultra uses a shorter console, and the consoles won't interchange either...the tanks are different.
If someone has made one fit.....I would think it looks badly fitted.
&nbsp\\;
Brian.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pillow-Look Seat for Road King®

Get the style and comfort of a pillow-look seat with a design and fitment made exclusively for Road King® models. This seat offers a wide rider and passenger area for comfort over the long haul. Will accept Rider Backrest Kits. Seat width 17.0"\\; passenger pillion width 16.0".&nbsp\\;

51102-01A

Fits '97-'07 Road King® models and FLHX models. Also fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models equipped Fuel Tank Console P/N 71288-03A or Trim Piece P/N 52447-96.&nbsp\\;

MSRP CDN $349.95

Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brian

An Ultra seat or any seat not made for a Road King will not fit. I've tried to do&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;it on mine. The chrome tank console gets in the way. Only a seat made specifically for a RK will fit.
An Ultra seat has a long nose, and extends about 4" onto the tank. The Ultra uses a shorter console, and the consoles won't interchange either...the tanks are different.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Brian.
&nbsp\\;
Brian is correct, I have investigated the very same a couple of years ago and found that its not very do-able.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I how ever am running the King Pillow seats for my Road King, with back rest and King Tour Pac back rest.&nbsp\\; Seen below in my signature picture of my RK.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Animal494
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Brian

An Ultra seat or any seat not made for a Road King will not fit. I've tried to do&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;it on mine. The chrome tank console gets in the way. Only a seat made specifically for a RK will fit.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Brian.
Thanks, Brian & Ram. That's what I thought.

Last edited by Animal494; 08-08-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:20 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on I know that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder BUT that is ugly as dog ****

Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Animal494
Cruiser

Question: Doesn't a cop bike have an EG tank in terms of the console configuration? So if ordering a pillow seat for a RK Cop bike, wouldn't one order a EG seat?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
chiefparry
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is mine

Attached Thumbnails  RK with Ultra Seat-my-harley.jpg  

Quick Reply: RK with Ultra Seat