Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerostich gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:07 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Aerostich gear

&nbsp\\; anyone wear this riding gear? If so how is it?

Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts
Default RE: Aerostich gear

It's expensive, but from what I have hear dit is well worth it. I am very happy with the products from Tourmaster

Old 07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice gear&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Style wise I usually associate it more with serious iron butt sport touring types but cant beat the all weather preparedness it gives and safety factor as well
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: shekmark

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; anyone wear this riding gear? If so how is it?

Old 07-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Bigfat
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also take a look at the FXRG gear from HD. It too is expensive but it works very well.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No personal experience but I've read a lot of good about Aerostich. They have customer service to die for!&nbsp\\;One guy talked to them at a rally about a problem he had with his jacket. They contacted him when he got home and had him send in his jacket because "we've never seen one with this problem before".&nbsp\\;He got a new jacket back.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
EGnB3445
1st Gear

I have a two piece Roadcrafter suit and I love it.&nbsp\\; Great porducts and great people to deal with.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 763 Likes on 528 Posts

Bought my wife and I each a two piece roadcrafter suit back in 1993.&nbsp\\; We toured all over europe in them, 18 days cruising England, Ireland, North Ireland, and Scotland. Let me tell ya, it rains boat loads there and the suits were fantastic. That marriage didn't last but I retained both suits in the settlement

Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I have two Aerostitch one-piece suits and wear one of them when I ride one of my BMWs. They are excellent in every way, easy to take on and off, and extremely well-armored. I was wearing one of them when I had my only crash in 29 years, and suffered nothing but bumps and bruises\\; the suit was scuffed up a bit and didn't need repairs. The ventilation is pretty good, too. I think that they probably provide the best crash protection money can buy, short of competition-grade leathers with armor in them (though the 'Stitch is usable over a wider temperature range.)
&nbsp\\;
That being said, I wear the Harley FXRG leathers with my Road King. The Aerostitch does not feel comfortable to me when riding the King\\; my knees are splayed even wider due to the large armor pieces in the knees and my back is uncomfortable because of the kidney belt I wear and the Aerostitch's back protector against my Mustang seat's backrest. The built-in kidney belt and back protector (I think there's one) in the FXRG jacket are much more comfortable.
&nbsp\\;
The FXRG leather jacket and pants are supremely comfortable and seem to go better with the Harley. But I think that the Aerostitch products are absolutely first-rate, in any objective sense.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Jager
Cruiser

It's expensive gear, but well worth every penny. The most versatile riding gear you can buy, IMHO. I have both a Roadcrafter 2-piece suit and a Darien jacket and pants combo. On local one-day rides during warmer weather I generally wear a leather jacket and jeans, with a set of Frog Toggs in the saddlebags for any rain I might run into. But on a long trip or when the weather gets at all cold, the Darien set gets the call. Get it in black and it looks pretty decent on a HD (if that matters to you).

Good stuff.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Darien Jacket and Pants a couple of years ago and I'm still kicking myself in the butt for riding all those years w/o Aerostich. By far, it is the most road worthy riding gear I've come across. I wear a tie to work, round trip distance 105 miles, daily. Maybe miss 10-15 days a year riding to work in northern Virginia. In the heaviest rain only the back top of my shirt collar gets wet.
The jacket alone is not for cold weather riding. You have to layer and/or opt for electrics.

Quick Reply: Aerostich gear