Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerostich gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
mknoxcpa
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the Aerostitch Roadcrafter one piece and two piece suits on a number of cross country trips in my beemer days. It functions well, and is relatively cool unless you sit still. The two piece suit keeps you dry in all but the worst downpours, plan on getting wet with the one piece suit. Mine never sealed well about the waist area. I have also used the FXRG and found it to function flawlessly, although the jacket gets a bit hot in the summer. Like the comfort of leather over the stiffness of the Roadcrafter. I usually carry a perforated leather jacket in addition to the FXRG for tours in the summer.

Aerostitch fits men well with some modification. The fit has never been successful for my wife however. The FXRG did fit her perfectly and is cut for women.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:26 AM
dlh62c
Advanced

The Aerostitch stuff is first rate. Wished I had it on my aborted Alaska trip. The gear I wore added to the stress of the trip. Rolled into Dawson Creek BC on the KTM 640 Adventure sick with a fever.

Stopped by their shop in Duluth MN on the return leg. Sized up a Darien Lite jacket (tan) and pants (black). Its not Harley looking stuff, but it's designed for function over looks.

Sure it's expensive, but its made in the USA and can be repaired if damaged. People have rode around the world with their gear. That alone speaks volumes.

Money well spent!!!!

daryl

Old 08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
OD_Cleaver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an Aerostich Roadcrafter two piece suit. I have used the suit for about 12K miles and one minor crash.

Aerostich is an excellent company to deal with. They have very fast service on anything that is in stock. They gave 10% off for in store purchases.

I have found the complete suit a little too warm to wear in the summer when the temps get around 80 to 85F.

After the crash, I was disappointed with how fast the road wore thru the jacket sleeve. I think that the edge of the road caught the sleeve just below the heavy elbow pad and armor.

I still wear the Roadcrafter pants when the weather is cool, but I have switched back to an all leather jacket. During warm weather, my leather jacket seems to funnel the air up the arms and out the vents much better then the Roadcrafter jacket. For warm weather pants I use dragginjeans (kevlar butt and knee pads) along with kevlar chaps.

For rain I use a two piece rain suit that I bought from Cabelas.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
burdes
Advanced
Default Aerostich

I've been using the FXRG nylon suit for three years. Only use it in the winter, but love it. +1 on the expense as noted, but comfort and warmth make it worth the price. I ride about 100 miles round trip to work and ride nearly every day. In winter I can ride down to the mid 20s and not feel the cold.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
G wizz
Cruiser
Smile Riding gear

My wife and I both bought the Darin lite jacket and pants, before we rode to Alaska. We also bought the electric jacket liners. They kept us dry, they kept us warm when it was cold, they were comfortable when it was hot. They wear like iron, I think they will out live me. Highly recomend getting them.

G wizz