Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG replacement Bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SG replacement Bars

Anyone know where I can get EXACT copies of SG bars in chrome with internal wiring?

Old 03-15-2006, 01:48 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: SG replacement Bars

I think those bars comes in Chubbys for the street. I will call my local wrench when he open in 2 hours.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

Bumping this up...

Old 03-16-2006, 12:18 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

RhinoHD,

My Apologizes I drop the ball on this I will get this info for you today. Now stop calling me name.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:28 PM
BladeMan
Tourer

You could get the factory bars made for a Screamin Eagle EG. They are only 1" diameter & you would have to run your wires through. I was thinking of getting the chrome-plated replacement bars (part #56625-99) & drilling them out for wires myself. They too are 1" diameter, but would be cheaper to buy than the SE.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

gmac,
I wouldn't call you names . My bike is in the shop getting some stuff done so I can't measure the bars. I went to the chubbys site and looked around but it's worthless with out the measurements. I do love the position of my stock bars I just want to hide the wires and chrome finish.

Blade, I take it you would need to use a drill press to drill the holes. I don't have access to one and don't trust myself without one.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:23 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

dump the stock bars and go with wild1's WO575 - now they are not "exact" of the stock bars but Better - Iam short and I love these bars... For those that have stepped up to the chubbies - I think they would all agree - looking back at stock bars - they look like bicycle bars... but this is just my .02 here.. M&M give 20% off list and their shipping is good...

Old 03-16-2006, 03:12 PM
UGGA
Road Captain

Rhinohd,

As far as I know, an exact replacement handlebar for your SG in chrome and larger ID for the wires doesn't exist. There may be one out there, but I have never run across a set. I just installed the WO575's on my Street Glide. They bring the bars about 2" further back towards the rider. I don't know if this would be acceptable to you or not. They are chrome and they are a larger ID (1-1/4" vs 1.0" for the stocker) so you can run the wires internally. Here is a recent write-up I did on the whole installation process.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_321033/tm.htm

My review was rather lengthy, but it has some before and after pics that might be of benefit to you. I always like looking at pics to help me decide whether or not I'm interested in something.

Doug

Old 03-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

Hey Doug,
I read your review, thats why I am thinking of doing the bars... They look great but I don't want to bring them back any. It just feels funny to me. Do you think there is room for the wires if I drill out HD chrome bars???

Old 03-16-2006, 03:29 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

RHinoHD the stock bars on the SG is big enough to run wires through. I called local shop that's doing my bike and that what he did to mines.

Quick Reply: SG replacement Bars