Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:19 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blown fuse

Well just picked it up from the dealer again and got 3 miles from the dealer and poped it again , back in again ,this will be their last chance ,other action will be taken .

Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blown fuse

Different fuse.
ORIGINAL: dbuff

I don't know if the acc fuse is the same as the cig lighter fuse but I keep blowing that fuse and what was causing it was a metal piece off of a ceell phone charger came off and was stuck in the cig lighter and causing the fuse to blow.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM
BaggerJack
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown ACC Fuse

I'm having an issue with my 2011 Ultra Limited. When plugging my GPS into the socket on the fairing it will blow the ACC fuse, but it's not the fuse in the fuse box. Anything that runs off the ACC doesn't work and I've checked the fuse. I took it to the dealer once already and they fixed the issue. They didn't tell me where the fuse was they replaced. Still trying to figure that one out. It worked for a while afterwards and I was even able to plug the GPS into the socket to ride home from the dealer. Then a couple days later I went to plug the power cord back in and it was not working again.

Also, trying to contact the dealer here in Frankfurt is pretty bad. I've been calling them for a week and then when I finally get through they tell me I need to call back tomorrow to make an appointment. They need a lesson as to what Customer Service really is.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
BaggerJack
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown ACC Fuse

I'm having an issue with my 2011 Ultra Limited. When plugging my GPS into the socket on the fairing it will blow the ACC fuse, but it's not the fuse in the fuse box. Anything that runs off the ACC doesn't work and I've checked the fuse. I took it to the dealer once already and they fixed the issue. They didn't tell me where the fuse was they replaced. Still trying to figure that one out. It worked for a while afterwards and I was even able to plug the GPS into the socket to ride home from the dealer. Then a couple days later I went to plug the power cord back in and it was not working again.

Also, trying to contact the dealer here in Frankfurt is pretty bad. I've been calling them for a week and then when I finally get through they tell me I need to call back tomorrow to make an appointment. They need a lesson as to what Customer Service really is.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hd2007
I keep blowing the accessories fuse , I lose all the gauges in the faring , any ideas ? Wiring has not been disturbed. I took the bike to the dealer and they said they found nothing , on the way home blew it again .
I was, am haveing the same problem as you. When the acc. fuse blows, I lose gage lights, turn sigs, and brake lights. Not one of Harleys better ideas to put brake and turn on acc circit. Haven't completely found the problem yet, but have narrowed it down to be behind the switch panel. When I move the acc switch harness around, it will blow the fuse. I took it all apart and couldn't find any problem at all with the wires or plug. I zip tied it up real tite and haven't had any more blown fuses.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
I was, am haveing the same problem as you. When the acc. fuse blows, I lose gage lights, turn sigs, and brake lights. Not one of Harleys better ideas to put brake and turn on acc circit. Haven't completely found the problem yet, but have narrowed it down to be behind the switch panel. When I move the acc switch harness around, it will blow the fuse. I took it all apart and couldn't find any problem at all with the wires or plug. I zip tied it up real tite and haven't had any more blown fuses.
I've also had problems with the wires behind switch panel as well as wires rubbing against fairing and radio brackets. I got some wire wrap for those areas. Where I park I have to turn the handlebars full lock both ways so it streches these wires against brackets, etc. causing the problem. I talked with one of the mechanics and he said the cop bikes are prone to this since they do a lot of handlebar full lock manuvers.