Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Brake Pads Squeek

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lyndall Brake Pads Squeek

I was thinking about going with Lyndall, but maybe I'll just stick with regular HD pad, dust and all.&nbsp\\; I hate brake squeal.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts
Default RE: Lyndall Brake Pads Squeek

I have had the lyndalls and floating rotors on for a little over a week now and I think I could do a stoppie now if I wanted to.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
You might try cleaning the spring that is up in the top of the caliper.If that gets jammed up with brake dust it will cause a squeak.
I finally had some time to get into this problem and I tried EasternSP's fix. I removed both front calipers and pads. Cleaned out all the dust and reinstalled. So far so good, no squeak. I hope this was the fix. Time will tell. Thanks EasternSp.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
I got about 600 miles on my Lyndall front brake pads and today the right side pads started to give this gawd awfull squeak at speeds below 35mph. I noticed that if I just pull the brake lever back just a hair, the squeak would stop somewhat but I don't wanna be doing that. When I got home tonite, I bled the line on that side. No change. My next step is to remove the pads but then what? Anyone have this happen with new Lyndalls?
You may want to follow this Piston Cleaning Procedure.

And information on Changing Brake Pad Compounds.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
dgretz
Tourer
Default Squealing like a pig

I put on my first set of Lyndall's on the rears before heading out to the 105th after hearing so much about them. They started squealing shortly into the trip. Wet sanded the rotors a couple of times enroute and still squealed. Gave up and lived with it squealing like a pig all over Milwaukee. When got home put on the second set I had purchased and the same results. Called Lyndall and they sent me replacements. Have now put the replacements on both the SG and my Dyna and again squealing like pigs. Very disappointing as did not have any squealing with EBC and Galfer's which these Lyndall's replaced.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Never any squealing on mine.about 7000 miles on both front and rear

Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member

I've always stopped most squealing by filing the leading edge of each pad to a 45 degree angle. The leading edge is the end of the pad that the rotor goes into first. Don't ask me why this works, but it has for me.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking into buyng a set of Lyndall pads ... hope I get lucky

Old 09-22-2008, 05:13 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dgretz
I put on my first set of Lyndall's on the rears before heading out to the 105th after hearing so much about them. They started squealing shortly into the trip. Wet sanded the rotors a couple of times enroute and still squealed. Gave up and lived with it squealing like a pig all over Milwaukee. When got home put on the second set I had purchased and the same results. Called Lyndall and they sent me replacements. Have now put the replacements on both the SG and my Dyna and again squealing like pigs. Very disappointing as did not have any squealing with EBC and Galfer's which these Lyndall's replaced.
Did you try the fix suggested in post #7 and used in post #13? 3500 miles later and my pads are squeak free.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
dgretz
Tourer

tried suggestions in post 7 and 13 and no improvement. Will try the 45 deg bevel as was suggested by ultra 08

Quick Reply: Lyndall Brake Pads Squeek