Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iNSURANCE COMPLAINT

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Moose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iNSURANCE COMPLAINT

Ive had Country Insurance for 5years now and been pretty happy. But I called today to insure the SG im picking up tomorrow and my agent told me that the bike was covered but the saddlebage were not.. WTF has anybody ever heard of this before? its a stock motercycle but the saddlebagges arnt covered??

Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
classic cruiser
Cruiser
Default RE: iNSURANCE COMPLAINT

I guess I've never heard of not insuring the bags, give Progressive a try. Good insurance with good rates.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Loch
Tourer

Would they insure the bags on a Road Glide?

Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to be careful with insurance carriers and be sure they cover parts & accessories. Lots do not. They cover the bike only at Actual Cash Value. So you need to find a carrier that will give you a sublimit for parts & accessories. And also will offer gap coverage.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moose

I've been involved in insurance for a long time (adjuster-not sales). I know on the past policys that I have had thru the company I work for you had to purchase the additional equipment rider to insure any additional items you install on the motorcycle that did not come standard on that motorcycle. I do know for a fact that when I bought my first Sportster years back I had to put this rider on in order to cover the bags and windshield that I put on that bike. As far as the bagger, is concerned, I didn't ask if I needed it to cover the bags, faring, etc. since it is standard equip. I knew I would need it for the additional crome and other fun stuff I added. Hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Not sure if Foremost Insurance writes in your are but I just had a good experience and got a good price signing up with them - Not that that means **** if I make a claim but so far so good - And the insured my saddlebags!

Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM
MDMYMD
Road Captain

Try Progressive. I believe my adjuster advised that I have $1G coverage for added on accessories and I could increase that with a slight premium increase. The cash value of the bike is covered, it did not exclude any specific part of the bike. There prices are great IMO. $398/yr. for for my 05' RKCustom.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Try Progressive. They gave me $5,000.00 in coverage for added on accessories at no additional charge.

Bob

Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
gvc4
Road Captain

FOREMOST INSURANCE I bet your agent is a dumba$$. The bags would have to be covered. Ask if your glovebox & trunk on your car are covered. Sounds like agent is on the HoBo wine.

gvc4

[IMG]local://upfiles/8013/C3A3BA58A6054E9CB91B05F0171C1E36.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8013/6C9C244D10B04CAF8F82BBAFB0AD4046.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just called my insurance agent who is also Country and she called the underwriter to verify. Your bags ARE covered. Anything that is FACTORY will be covered, but they also have for a few more dollars coverage up to $1000 for accessories. I've got her looking into an extra plan for a little more coverage on the accessories and will report back what she finds.

I hope this helps a little.

Quick Reply: iNSURANCE COMPLAINT