Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay buying?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:31 PM
VINNIE JAMES
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebay buying?

has anyone ordered parts from any of these ebay stores\\; bikersdelite, road6customs, or tlcproducts. if so what was the result? thamls,vinnie

Old 07-20-2008, 09:58 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ebay buying?

I never purchased parts from any of them but I always buy new and read there feed back and like to see over 100 sales. I check out all three and I think you will be okay, IMO.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 PM
VINNIE JAMES
Road Captain

thank you
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 PM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Road6customs was great! Would do business with again.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have bought A LOT of stuff off of E-BAY.
My Rules are They must have a min of 100 feedbacks with a min of 95% or more. Read the feed backs and you can tell if theyre a fllake or not. Look at home many &amp\\; what they have sold and what they were the buyer. Have NEVER been burt yet.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master

i've bought from road6customs too and have had good experience from them as well. I have bought several things on ebay and will....just check feedback scores.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Bass Ackwards
Intermediate

I have made several different ebay purchases and have had different results.
&nbsp\\;
Road6Customs...bought lowering kit and then new windscreen...no complaints, I'm a repeat customer for them, and would go back.
&nbsp\\;
AmericanClassicMotors...bought V/H pipes &amp\\; was suppose to get mufflers w/deal &amp\\; they screwed me after I sent many emails BEFORE my purchase to see what I was gonna get....I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!!!!
&nbsp\\;
Other thasn that, I've made a few purchases from individuals with out complaint, but I look for a good number of sales and 99-100% feedback, and I always read whatever negatives are written.
&nbsp\\;
Check around and price compare before you buy, remember you also pay shipping!!!
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Malibyte
Tourer

Not a PARTS source, but if you're in the market for a nice used Harley, check out "alpinesmac". I bought my bike from them, and they're first rate. They're a small dealer, operating out of their home east of San Diego. They buy really clean, low mileage bikes from dealer auctions and sell them at reasonable prices. They have a beautiful centennial Deuce and a nice Road King up on eBay right now. If you're really serious, you can call them and negotiate a "buy it now" price with them. Check out their feedback. They've shipped bikes to far-flung places, too (New Zealand comes to mind).

Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have bought 95% of my parts from ebay. 1 bad experience. american classic has a bad rap here but for me i have no issues. buyer beware know what you are buying do your research

Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 AM
jferna
Cruiser

I agree with previous posts about the rules of thumb for picking sellers.&nbsp\\; I've bought from both individuals and stores and have had no problems.&nbsp\\; I got one great deal through American Classics with no problems, and I made another purchase with Fuel Moto with no problems also.&nbsp\\;So far I've been lucky with eBay, or just plain overly careful.&nbsp\\; Just be aware - read item descriptions, shipping details and return policy terms closely, and especially to see if the items are new, or otherwise.

Quick Reply: ebay buying?