Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Frogg Togg rain gear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Londonbike
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Opinions on Frogg Togg rain gear?

Dont buy them.&nbsp\\; Earlier this month while touring Virginia Skyline Drive area hit a massive storm.&nbsp\\; Had Frog Toggs.&nbsp\\; Well we got to a harley dealer in Orange and I was soaked and pant legs were melted on my exhaust.&nbsp\\; Wife had Harley rain gear and was dry.&nbsp\\; So I bought new Harley rain gear and threw the damn toggs out right at the store.&nbsp\\; Going back to the campsite it rained hard again but this time I was dry and much happier.&nbsp\\; Do yourself a favour and find something else.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a 1st class bike. Why settle for cheap gear? The Harley "Gore Tex" is the way to go, simply because you won't sweat in it, you'll never get wet, and it lasts forever.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Shrimp926
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...melted a hole in mine...need to get something else...might look at the harley suit since it is so highly recommended.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard good things about the Tourmaster and Harley. I have Frogg Toggs in my saddle bag still in the plastic. Never used them yet.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
KY23
Tourer

Don't waste your money on Frogg Toggs.&nbsp\\; First time I broke mine out on a long trip I melted the entire right leg all over the side of my bike.&nbsp\\; Not only did my pants get soaked for the rest of the trip but it was also a real bitch to get off my pipes.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
You can buy a good rainsuit for the same amount of money that has heat shields on the pants...

Old 07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

First time I threw my leg over the bike wearing my brand new Frogg Toggs I ripped the crotch out of them.
&nbsp\\;
I wear the Tourmaster two piece now. Happier and drier.v

Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the set of the Road Toads and have used them twice. Had them on for a 200 mile trip in pouring rain and thunderstorms. My feet and lower legs were wet because I failed to bring any overboots and my wrists were wet because I did not have any gloves. Other than that they worked well. A little water leaked in around neck.

For the price they worked well. Until I read how junky they were on this site I was perfectly happy with them \\&nbsp\\; Maybe if I had to ride more than 200 miles in the rain they would have started to leak more, I do not know. If you have the money and ride in the rain often I am sure a gortex suit would be the way to go.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
pappashelby
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Wife and i have used them on 2 cross country trips. We like them. And they are still in one piece , ready for the next trip.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser

Been wearing the same Frogg Toggs for three years.&nbsp\\; Yes, I&nbsp\\;burned a whole in the right leg...Harley gaiters took care&nbsp\\;of that.&nbsp\\; Once rode through constant rain for 250 miles, stayed dry.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;When this pair wears out, I will buy another.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I melted the left inner leg the first time I used them. I'd look for something else. Why buy something that will be "holey" the first time.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Frogg Togg rain gear?