Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Grey SG Solo Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Motorboatn SOB
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Danny Grey SG Solo Seat

Has anyone bought this seat?&nbsp\\; Long trip comfort?&nbsp\\; How does it compare to a Corbin?
&nbsp\\;
"DANNY GRAY SOLO BIG SEAT 2008 HARLEY STREET GLIDE"

Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
blueride
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Danny Grey SG Solo Seat

I bought a new&nbsp\\;Danny Grey "Inflater" seat a few years back, rode on it twice and dumped it back on Ebay. I was not impressed.
&nbsp\\;
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the seat u mentioned.
&nbsp\\;
Ask the Danny Grey folks if they will take the seat back if u don't like it. I doubt it.
&nbsp\\;
Mustang will if you buy from them.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM
dt20
Tourer

i bought a danny gray buttcrack solo and really like it.&nbsp\\; its a little stiff not bad i can pretty much ride all day on it.&nbsp\\; puts me lower to the ground which helps.&nbsp\\; not sure about the seat your looking at.&nbsp\\; talk to shooter64 here on the board he might be able to help you out.&nbsp\\; he got me a good deal

Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the DG BigSeat with backrest on my 08 Road Glide.&nbsp\\; Nice seat, but it's not what I'll use for long trips.&nbsp\\; It's just not shaped right for my azz.&nbsp\\; It is hard, but that breaks in after a few hundred miles.&nbsp\\; It's a good looking seat and is fairly well constructed, although not as well made as a Mustang.&nbsp\\; Jst see if you can find one to sit on for a while before you commit to buying one for a long distance rider.&nbsp\\; I think it's more of a hundred mile seat.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
kcbwi
Intermediate

I have that seat on my EGC.&nbsp\\; I routinely ride 100-200 miles in it and find it very comfortable.&nbsp\\; I've not used it for any long trips so I don't know for sure how it would work, but I suspect you'd be better off with something else.&nbsp\\; For a seat that hugs the contours of the bike as well as it does, I think the comfort is excellent.&nbsp\\; The look is exactly what I wanted for soloing and it is top notch quality.&nbsp\\; It would look kick a$$ on a SG.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Motorboatn SOB
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback.&nbsp\\; Any more opinions out there?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Motorboatn SOB

Thanks for the feedback.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Any more opinions out there?
I know your asking about the DG seat but look at the C&amp\\;C solo with backrest. I really like mine. I got the gel in mine and it gets better every time I ride it.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for me mustang is the way to go. the solo drops 1" and sets me back to the rear 1.5" awsome customer service

Old 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM
maxflhx
Tourer

&nbsp\\;I've got a BigSeat on my 07 SG. Great looks for around town but I can't recomend it for a tourer. Ride for 150 miles and it takes two hours to get the feeling back in my ****. I put the stock seat on to go for a short ride with my lady two weeks ago and haven't even thought of putting the Danny Grey back on. But it does look good.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the DG Big Seat on my Road King and absolutely love it. Rode today for 7 hours with only a gas stop and a burger stop. Legs and butt feel fine. My first long day on on the new bike was 6 hours followed by another 5 hours the next day and all that bothered me was my right forearm, I need longer bars I think.
But the seat is great. I had a Corbin on my last bike and it was nowhere as comfortable, it was an old Corbin, I've heard their quality has slipped recently.

If you get the DG I highly recommend you have the "gel" layer put in. It's not really a gel, more a hi-tech foam that I think is used in the medical industry, but it helps to absorb the vibration of the engine. Sometimes at idle you can feel it.

Quick Reply: Danny Grey SG Solo Seat