Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SADDLEMEN DRESSER BACK SEAT BAG BR4100

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:05 PM
jimsmith94
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming you mounted the back seat bag on the back seat, where did your wife sit?

Old 12-14-2009, 10:48 PM
brinsr
Advanced

Simple, on her bike. My wife rides her own.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Deux
Stage II
Default Back Seat Bag

Does this bag still let you use the driver's backrest (is there room?) or would you need to remove the driver's backrest and lean into the bag instead?

Thanks

Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
pahasapa
Intermediate
Default Back Seat Bag

I used this bag on a 2 week trip down Wa-Or. coast. http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=434 I was looking for a bag that would not interfere with my back rest. I do have a rack on the tour pak which the straps mount too. But it comes with quick release clips so no problem getting into tour pak. The lower straps clip onto the saddlebag racks. Easy on and easy off. Bag is huge, comes with rain cover, and security lock.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Any pics of the saddlmen bag mounted?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:11 AM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

This bag is great for a long trip or if you lke to take a lot of stuff. Makes a good backrest when it is full and it it easy to put on and take off.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
rrjacoy
3rd Gear
Default Saddlemen BR4100 Bag

I too would like to see a pic of the Saddlemen BR4100 on an ultra classic. The web site says it's 19" deep. That would literally put it in the middle of my riders seat (I have the Harley Road Zepplin air seat on my 09 ultra). From the tour pak backrest to my rider backrest slot is 11". I called Saddlemen for a confirmation of that depth measurement but they didn't return the call. The other bag I'm looking at is the T-Bags Backseat Bag TB9100DBB. It is only 12" deep and sounds like it would fit better. Like the other members in this thread I'm concerned about creasing my speaker covers and being pushed forward (crowded) by the bag. The Nelson-Rigg GWS-500 that was mentioned looks promising and has the same capacity as the T-Bag but I can't tell from the pictures if it has a rounded back so as not to rub against the speakers. The measurements are also unlear as they specify width and length and don't indicate which is the front to back measurement. I think 11" is front to back but I'd like to be sure. Harley has released a back seat bag but it only carries 1.6 cu. ft and is more expensive than any other bag I'm considering. I'm looking for a larger bag for a 7 day trip. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
bamarider
Tourer

Hope this helps. By the way I really love this bag. It is very comfortable if it is very full. If it is not full it does not give any support for the back. Can not use the backrest when it is on. Also one last thing is they have hooks to help fasten the luggage to the bike. These hooks are in the location where the rear speakers are located. These hooks will rub a hole in the speaker grill or in the leather that surrounds the speaker. Ask me how I know!

Attached Thumbnails  SADDLEMEN DRESSER BACK SEAT BAG BR4100-dscn3368.jpg  
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 AM
rrjacoy
3rd Gear

Thanks Bamarider, that's the information I was looking for. Looks like it fits your seat pretty well. However your statement about the D-rings damaging the speaker grill will likely eliminate this bag from my choices. Thanks for posting the pic and providing the details. Ride safe!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
bamarider
Tourer

You can work it so that the rings will not be a problem. I also own quite a few bags. For the price this one is my favorite and I would buy it again.

Quick Reply: SADDLEMEN DRESSER BACK SEAT BAG BR4100