Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Influencing the youth of today

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
hfdarson1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Influencing the youth of today

Rode up to Mexia to attend my friend's mother's funeral. Stop in the Whataburger for a drink when 3 young men walk in. They spot my wife and I sitting at a table and walk over before they ordered. One of them ask "Is that yalls bikes out there?" My wife answers&nbsp\\;" Yes they are." One of the young men says " That's what I want to be when I grow up a bad ***." Another&nbsp\\;one of the young men says "Harleys rule man".
&nbsp\\;
I never knew I would influence today's youth but to come to think&nbsp\\;it when I was a kid in the early 60's I work at a Gulf Gas Station just outside of Humble Texas&nbsp\\;and one day when I was there by myself a group of bikers came in and there was probably 35-40 bikes ( all Harleys). &nbsp\\;This big burly long hair, long bearded guy gets off his bike and says to me "Boy can you put gas in these bikes with out spilling on the bikes?" Needless to say I was scare to death of not putting gas in the bikes and of spilling gas on their bikes. I carefully filled each bike with gas and washed the windshields of a couple with shields. I didn't dare spill an drop on any of the bikes. Each bike pulled up one after the other and the driver and passengers never even got off their bikes. A couple of the women with the group pinched my cheek and and said they wanted to take me home for the night. Of course I turned red. The very last bike with an even bigger burlyier guy pulls his bike up to the gas pump and says "One drop on my tank and I"ll beat you to death." The women over heard him and cussed him out. I heard some words that day I had never heard before. I finished the last bike and and the Biker who asked me if I could fill the bikes up and not spill anything comes back to pay. He asked me how much and then he gave me $10.00 too much. He said "You did good kid."
&nbsp\\;
Well I guess he never thought he would influence any youth of his day either. I never have forgot that day and it is why I probably ride a Harley today.
&nbsp\\;
Jerry

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Default RE: Influencing the youth of today

ORIGINAL: hfdarson1Well I guess he never thought he would influence any youth of his day either. I never have forgot that day and it is why I probably ride a Harley today.
&nbsp\\;
Good story!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
NATESBPD
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

good story... i always saw bikers as respectable people that you dont mess with their bikes...lol

Old 07-07-2008, 11:44 AM
fob1953
Advanced

Great story.&nbsp\\; I worked at a Mobil Station back in High school in the early 70's before gas stations went self serve.&nbsp\\; I remember all the bikers who came in insisted on pumping their own gas.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Elk Oil
Novice

ORIGINAL: hfdarson1

One of the young men says " That's what I want to be when I grow up a bad ***."
&nbsp\\;
I guess I'll have to start polishing up on my bad *** skills.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
That's a fun story.