Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat replacement for a hip replaced individual

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Feedsack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat replacement for a hip replaced individual

I own a 2008 Ultra, the seat is really hurting my right hip where the replacement was installed. The other hip is fine... Has anyone modified their seat because of the same problem . Can any one recommend a seat that would could cure the uncomfortable feeling after 50 miles or so..... I dont want to start a best seat bad seat bs just want to hear from riders with a hip replacement thanks
feedsack

Old 07-06-2008, 01:53 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: seat replacement for a hip replaced individual

Hey Feedsack, I didnt have a hip replacement, but I did suffer a acetabular fracture (more or less a compound fracture of the hip) a few years back, and still have serious arthitic pain.&nbsp\\; I have found that the stock seat on my 08 Street Glide isnt too bad.&nbsp\\; I do suffer a lil bit of pain, and have to readjust every once and while, but not too shabby.&nbsp\\; Have you considered have your seat altered, and maybe installing a gel pack?&nbsp\\; That might help... just a thought!
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-06-2008, 02:46 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an artificial left hip. And, I had a huge acetabular fracture (it was shattered). Both are from being hit head-on by a car while stopped at a stop light (not easy, but it happened) on my Road King.

I now ride a 2002 SE Road King with a Mustang 2-piece seat. I have 25,000 plus miles and never have had a problem, even on 650 mile days. But, everyone's hip is different. I would call the folks at Mustang and tell them your problem. See what they would offer in the way of return/refunds if the seat did not work for you.

May I also suggest that you work with a PT to develop a good series of hip stretches. I stretch daily and it really helps me stay "loose" and pain-free on the bike.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 and no hip problems and my seat bothers me the new seats on the 08's just plain suck.&nbsp\\; You could take it to someone and have them put in a different foam, I just ordered a mustang, did not get it yet so I can not tell you how it is.