Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Touring Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Favorite Touring Seat?

For me, it's been the Russell Day Long Saddle. (www.day-long.com) It's not the cheapest option out there but I've had one on the last three bikes I've owned and am totally sold on them.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

i've been to the corbin factory, watched how they make'em. but for the life of me, i can't figure how that hard surface is comfortable. corbin started out making horse saddles, i haven't found a comfortable one of those either. what are you feeling that i'm missing? to me i want a seat from a&nbsp\\;cadillac to ride on.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:16 AM
tano01
Road Captain

I've been leaning towards the sundowner...we'll see.&nbsp\\; Thanks for the responses.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CAPTAMERACA

i've been to the corbin factory, watched how they make'em. but for the life of me, i can't figure how that hard surface is comfortable.
Most factory&nbsp\\;seats are too soft. The foam compresses over time and the seat develops pressure points that become hot spot for the rider. Seats like the Corbin and, to a lesser extent by my experience, the Russell Day-Long Saddle, will feel a lot harder, "at first," than the factory seat but in the long run, they spread the riders weight over a wider percentage of the **** which helps to minimize the pressure points. You'll still be stiff at the end of a long days ride but you won't have nearly as much of a problem with the old "butt burn" in the long run. Of course, all of this is very much dependant on the individual rider and the bike they are on.&nbsp\\;There are lucky folks out there that do not have any issues with the stock seats. Unfortunately, I'm not usually one of them!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I had Corbin make my classic solo with softer foam, they didn't recommend it, but
did do it after I told them I wouldn't buy one if they didn't. I also had them scoup out 1/2 inch of foam
in the azz area to drop me down some. I absolutely love the seat, but was pissed when they dropped
the prices after I had just forked out almost a Grand for the heated seat, and backrest.
I had waited a couple of years before I finally decided to order a custom seat from them, and about
2 months later they dropped the prices by about $200 or so!!!
&nbsp\\;I also tried a mustang, but it was too wide for me at the nose, and cut off the circulation to my
left leg. The seat cut into my thigh too much, and I was getting a charlie horse type thing going on, and
had to stop overy 20 miles or so to get off the bike and let the blood get back down into my leg.
&nbsp\\;The heated option seemed like a lot of money, but was well worth it in the long runs, as I have
had many back surgeries, and the heat helps with the sore tailbone, and is also great when it's cold or raining.
If you azz is warm, then the rest of you doesn't seem to mind so much..
Also, the Corbin people on the phone in Ca were a bunch of jerks, and told me I wouldn't be happy with the seat before
I even ordered it. The thing was I have a EG with a Streetglide dash, and wanted to order a streetglide seat, which they
said would never fit, and they refused to even make one for me, unless I brought my bike to them in Ca.
That was out of the question living in NH. Finally I called the FL store, and talked to the store manager, and very nice guy,
wish I could remember his name, anyway, he and I were on the phone for almost an hour, and I ended up with
the perfect seat! The order takers in Ca need some training in customer service, the girl I talked to at first was horrible.
Plus, I love the look of the corbin solo. I leave the securing nut off the backrest, so I can take it off easily, and store it in
the saddlebag.
Peace
Rags