Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxillary jack

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:03 PM
lpseifert
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxillary jack

I went to hook up an MP3 player to to aux jack and got nothing... if I hold the cable and give it pressure in a certain direction it works. I tried a different cable, same thing so I figure it must be the radio's jack. I even tried a bit of dielectric grease. Anybody else come across this problem? And a fix?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Odd Job
Tourer
Default RE: Auxillary jack

Comment Deleted

Old 07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Intermittent, if it works when you jiggle or push in a certain direction it could be a faulty jack on the ipod (likely a fractured wired right at the strain relief), or the jack on your radio may not be perfectly soldered to the PCB on your radio.&nbsp\\; I guess the jack on the radio itself could be out of spec but from what you've indicated something simply isn't maintaining a closed circuit unless a force is applied.
&nbsp\\;
D

Old 07-05-2008, 04:11 PM
lpseifert
3rd Gear

The radio's on AUX, thats not the problem\\; the problem exists at the jack into the radio, not the MP3 player. It should be under warranty, I wonder how long this will take. I guess I'll add it to the "Warranty to-do" list, along with the broken fairing brackets and leaking rear shock...POS

Old 07-05-2008, 07:09 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

I have a similar problem. My siriys receiver plugged in to thr aux. jack of my Nissan armada. The plug isnt exactly right. If you plug it all the way, it only plays one channle. We have to jiggle it around to get it out of both speakers. Its like the cable doesnt fit with the aux jack? Sirius has one on their website and it looks the same, all the jacks in the stores are the same. They have them in the wire section but not a jack made by sirius. Of course noone has a sirius jack for this application , nor do they know what the hell im talking about. I have been wondering if I am going to have to deal with the same BS for the bike now. My wife drives the Armada and she can deal with it cutting in and out. I couldnt . I have decided to go xm and pay the money to not have to go through forther BS and abunch of wires and **** and especially the big stupid unit on my bike somewhere!!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Glyde
Road Master

Might sound dumb but make sure the volume on the mp3 player is cranked up so it provides enough signal to the AUX port.