Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any independent service in Denver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:18 PM
clayguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any independent service in Denver?

Would like to find a GOOD independent service shop in metro Denver. If you know of one, please advise contact number.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
bezoar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any independent service in Denver?

This is going back 20 some years when I rode in Denver, but I used to take my shovel to a shop that was really good. The closest I can remember is that you go west on Colfax and turn right on Federal. It was a half block north right next to a strip club. Wish I could remember the name, but the guy who ran it was top notch.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Thunder Bird Motorcycles off 44th and Kipling. Marty is the owner and about as nice a guy you could talk to. 3034639399. Tell him Derek sent you with the Street Glide. He will save you tons of cash

Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
BlueBearUSA
Intermediate

If you are on the south end I have heard that Franktown Scooters is a fine shop who will treat you right.&nbsp\\; they are at the corner of Hwy 83 (Parker Rd) and Hwy 86.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 AM
whoop72
Tourer

if you want to take a ride, RedHill Motorcycle Werks up north of Boulder is an excellent shop.&nbsp\\; Very good tuners on the Power Commander, but i don'tthink they do the SERT.&nbsp\\; Otherwise, very good mechanics.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:19 AM
BanjoBill
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bezoar

&nbsp\\;It was a half block north right next to a strip club.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Sounds like the place to go LOL
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
....Bill

Old 07-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Bmalloy
6th Gear

South Side Sycles, in the area of Mississippi and Illif, sorry I don't have the phone number.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: bezoar

This is going back 20 some years when I rode in Denver, but I used to take my shovel to a shop that was really good. The closest I can remember is that you go west on Colfax and turn right on Federal. It was a half block north right next to a strip club. Wish I could remember the name, but the guy who ran it was top notch.
&nbsp\\;
That was Howell's House of Harley, later just Howell's.&nbsp\\; Sadly Phil Howell was killed in a Motorcycle accident in Canada, I think it was last summer but it could have been '06.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

Thunder Bird Motorcycles off 44th and Kipling. Marty is the owner and about as nice a guy you could talk to. 3034639399. Tell him Derek sent you with the Street Glide. He will save you tons of cash
&nbsp\\;
While Marty is a nice guy to talk to, and has the BEST prices on tires, the service work at Thunderbird leaves a lot to be desired.&nbsp\\; Marty diagnosed a noise in my girlfriends twin cam as cam chain tensioners.&nbsp\\; They installed gear drive cams for $1500.00.&nbsp\\; I went to pick up the bike with her, the tensioners looked fine, they installed the gear drive cams anyway, and called to say the bike was done.&nbsp\\; When we got there they said they'd found another problem, a loose compensator nut allowing the alternator rotor to rattle around.&nbsp\\; Total bill was $1700.00.&nbsp\\; Then a few months later the noise re appeared, yep, loose compensator.
&nbsp\\;
Thunderbird has a guy who mounts, balances, and installs tires, he's great, beyond that I can't say I trust them.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
bezoar
Tourer

Yeah, Howell’s. I’m so sorry to hear of his death. He pulled me out af a number of jams with my old Shovel.

Quick Reply: Any independent service in Denver?