Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII Map for 08 SG

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default PCIII Map for 08 SG

Hello,
Back in February I bought a Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker and PCIII from Fuelmoto.&nbsp\\; The PCIII came with a Fuelmoto map and works flawlessly.&nbsp\\; I am about to add&nbsp\\;a set of Python Slip-Ons to the mix and I was wondering if anyone has a PCIII map for this setup?
&nbsp\\;
I emailed Fuelmoto and they did send me back a map but it is just named M818-Slipons2.&nbsp\\; When I open the map up there is nothing in the notes section.&nbsp\\; Wondering if this is the correct map for my setup or just a generic one for a Stage 1 Setup with Slip-Ons?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I also downloaded a map (M818-006) from the Power Commander website.&nbsp\\; When I compare the two maps they are quite different.&nbsp\\; I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea which would be the better map?&nbsp\\; Even better, does anyone have a map that for this setup that works well, or one that they have tweaked?
&nbsp\\;
Once again thanks for any help,
Willie

Old 07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: PCIII Map for 08 SG

ORIGINAL: bpd138

Hello,
Back in February I bought a Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker and PCIII from Fuelmoto.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; The PCIII came with a Fuelmoto map and works flawlessly.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I am about to add&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;a set of Python Slip-Ons to the mix and I was wondering if anyone has a PCIII map for this setup?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
I emailed Fuelmoto and they did send me back a map but it is just named M818-Slipons2.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; When I open the map up there is nothing in the notes section.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Wondering if this is the correct map for my setup or just a generic one for a Stage 1 Setup with Slip-Ons?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\;I also downloaded a map (M818-006) from the Power Commander website.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; When I compare the two maps they are quite different.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea which would be the better map?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Even better, does anyone have a map that for this setup that works well, or one that they have tweaked?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Once again thanks for any help,
Willie
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I think SOME good stuff happens at FuelMoto, but if you don't have exactly the set-up that is their favorite thing to sell at the moment you get less than what you might have been told you would get and expected. Like a custom map specifically for your set-up.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Doesn't sound like that happened.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

I think SOME good stuff happens at FuelMoto, but if you don't have exactly the set-up that is their favorite thing to sell at the moment you get less than what you might have been told you would get and expected. Like a custom map specifically for your set-up.

Doesn't sound like that happened.
Fuel Moto has maps for many setups. Open AC's (HDSE, K-N, Ness, Fuel Moto) are universal and one doesn't require a remap over another, but mufflers do matter. If you dyno an '07 RK with stock TC96 and his Jackpot mufflers, PCIII, and an AC, you will have a near-ideal map for any '07 RK or EG with a stock TC96. He does 100 dyno tunes per month and has a big library of maps of many different configurations. Some say dynoing a like bike isn't the same, but I disagree unless you're trying to extract every last HP out of the engine. For a few $C's, I'll take the canned map from this reliable source.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should contact Jamie at Fuelmoto.&nbsp\\; He will be able to explain the differences.&nbsp\\; My custom maps from them do not have any notes either.&nbsp\\; I always add them myself.
&nbsp\\;
dave

Old 07-04-2008, 11:16 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Dave,
I think you answered my question.&nbsp\\; The custom map that Fuelmoto sent me didn't have any notes in so&nbsp\\;I was wondering if it was the correct map.&nbsp\\; I just wanted to be sure before I go and load it.
Thanks again,
Willie