Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Sheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

2007 FLHTCU, Vivid Black
&nbsp\\;
I keep thinking about ABS.&nbsp\\; That's the only thing that might make me trade.&nbsp\\; So I start adding things up.&nbsp\\; My bike with add ons:
&nbsp\\;

2007 FLHTCU

V&amp\\;H True Duals

Oil cooler, Touring

1690 Stage II

LCD Dip Stick

Premium Tour Pack Rack

GPS Bracket

IDS Sprocket Compensator

Glove Box Liners

J&amp\\;M Speakers, Front

J&amp\\;M Speakers, Rear

Oil Temp Gauge

Back Rest, adjustable

HID Headlight

Push Button Fuel Latch

Tour Pack Lid Organizer

Adjustable Air Deflectors

J&amp\\;M Short antennae (2)

Halogen Passng Lamps
&nbsp\\;
Probably missed something.&nbsp\\; So I add all that stuff up and with no labor, tax, freight or anyting but material cost&nbsp\\; its $25k.&nbsp\\; If I take my normal 80% of material cost its $20k.&nbsp\\; I don't think I could get it.&nbsp\\; If I trade I'm looking at getting offered maybe $13k.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
So even if I got the $20k, which I don't think I could, I'm still looking at another $6-7k to just get back where I was and the only thing I have gained is ABS and 2-years of warrenty.
&nbsp\\;
My neighbor says its a no brainer.&nbsp\\; Me?&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;I'm thinking of holding out for a retrofit kit that's never coming.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Sheep
Tourer
Default RE: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

Sorry about all the extra lines and stuff.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; They weren't there when I posted.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Roadglider1963
4th Gear

&nbsp\\;
1690 StageII ?&nbsp\\; When you're riding home and testing the ABS on a 2008, you'll ask yourself, "WTF did I just do?"

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Greyboat
Tourer

Only you can answer if you really want to start over just for ABS. ( I am a fan of the ABS)
One thing to consider is some of that stuff on your 07 can be taken off and put on a new 08..... as long as you saved all the OEM stuff. Why let someone else get get those goodies. I know for a fact you will need that oil cooler on an 08.................

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, it's a tough one, but you know you won't get close to what you put in it.&nbsp\\; Never, ever... I have ABS and would not have a bike without it.&nbsp\\; If you can afford it get it.&nbsp\\; If you can't don't as long as you are comfortable with your skills.&nbsp\\; I don't know what they will come out with next, but it's bound to be something safer Honda is doing airbags... If I were buying a Wing I'd buy one with it\\; but again only you know what you can do and what will make you happy.&nbsp\\; You'll spend 6 on the new bike and then another 6 to get it the way you want it.&nbsp\\; Is it worth it.&nbsp\\; Perhaps can you afford it?&nbsp\\; If so and you are pleased with it, do it.&nbsp\\; What do I know?

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have ABS and put 3,000 miles on my bike in 3 months...I still not have used the ABS.&nbsp\\; It is a nice to have feature, but not a must have.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
tslonige
Road Captain

Hey, I would add a modulating headlight.&nbsp\\; You probably would never even need brakes again let alone ABS........&nbsp\\; I have an 06 SG and with all the extras, time, and&nbsp\\;bonding I've had with my scoot I wouldn't even consider trading.&nbsp\\; Every year HD dangles another carrot in our face, gotta love the process of trying to talk ourselves out of&nbsp\\;or into a new bike.&nbsp\\; Good luck

Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

&nbsp\\;Absofreakinlutely absurd

If you're just dying for a useless&nbsp\\;*** whippin similar to what you'd get by this redickulous gesture, dress in drag and go to your local&nbsp\\;cowboy bar with your sack hanging out.&nbsp\\; Video tape the ordeal and come back here and show us the footage of the hospital surgeon removing 20 cowboy boots from yo azz..

Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

[sm=noooo.gif]

Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Youre going to take it in the shorts.&nbsp\\; You can get a bit more for SOME of the performance parts (maybe 50% to 65% of what you put into it). But everything else it worth 10 cents on the dollar.

I think ABS is a Great Thing.&nbsp\\; But NOT worth the bath youll be taking to try to sell it.

Quick Reply: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it