Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

It sounds like you just got your bike where you want it.&nbsp\\; And now you want a new one?&nbsp\\; You are going to take a bath like no other one you've taken.&nbsp\\; Now is NOT the the time to sell.&nbsp\\; And the only reason you say is for ABS?&nbsp\\; You wouldn't be blowin a little smoke up our skirts, just to get moma to let you get a new scoot would you?&nbsp\\; I guess if you got the dough and you want a different color, then go for it, but for us poor ridin' folk....IT DON"T PASS THE SNIFF TEST!![sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm struggling with the trade/sell thing as well b/c I like the idea of having the upgraded brakes and the ABS. The ABS isn't real popular on the forum but I still like the idea of it.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM
StrongIslander
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I waited to get ABS on my '08 and I've used it 2-3 times.&nbsp\\; Having said that I've also been riding for 35+ years without it.&nbsp\\; With what you've got invested&nbsp\\;and the hit in the shorts you'll take I'd say absolutely not, no way, shouldn't happen...unless you truly have money to burn.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO! ABS has been on some Jap bikes for a long long time. I never used it nor wanted it. Braking skills and good brakes on a bike is what you need. ABS take away YOUR control and hands it over to a computer chip. Road racers never use ABS. If it made things better they would for sure. IMO, ABS is a substitute for bad habits.

Keep what you have and enjoy it. It sounds like you have built a real fine ride. Just my 2 cents. :-)