Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

How many years did we ride without ABS??? Didn't miss it and didn't imagine what it would be like to have it. Well most of us anyway.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM
jack49
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; NO WAY&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; BAD IDEA

Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big question you should ask yourself is "do I like my bike?".&nbsp\\; If you like it, and there is nothing wrong with it, and it is not costing you in repairs, then why get rid of it?&nbsp\\; There is always someone out there with something bigger, better, cooler, and newer.&nbsp\\; But you don't have to keep up with the Joneses.&nbsp\\; If you don't like your bike, then do what you got to do.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:22 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Surely there has to be a way to retrofit ABS onto an '07 and I'll bet it would be a **** load cheaper than the hit you'll take if you get a new one.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

ABS is not the second coming.If I bought a newbike I would PROBABLY get it but it wouldnt be a deal braker.Interlocked ABS brakes would be much better and im sure will be offered in the future.No way would I sell my bike to get ABS,6 gal tank(I like to stretch every 150 miles anyway)and fumble by wire.Save your money and enjoy what you have,sounds like a nice ride

Old 07-04-2008, 09:43 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hoffy

I have an 08 and wanted one without ABS, and glad I did.
Same here!

Just buy the ABS parts to convert to ABS if you NEED to have it.&nbsp\\; You'll probably still pay less than an ***-raping trade-in!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
ClassicCruiser18
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bro I have the same bike (07 Ultra) and have added a boat load of add ons like you. I would like the ABS and the 6 gal tank but where does it end. I don't think the bath you will take will be worth it. Save the cash and add on some Hog Halters brakes and aftermarket pads I did and you will be surprised at the results. Save the money for gas and ride it like you stole it!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

How many years did we ride without ABS??? Didn't miss it and didn't imagine what it would be like to have it. Well most of us anyway.
+1&nbsp\\; For me it wasn't even an issue\\; been getting by fine up til now without em.&nbsp\\; Not speaking ill of ABS I'm sure they are 'all of that', I just don't miss what I never had.&nbsp\\; Dealer had the bike I wanted without them and it was fine by me

Old 07-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Sheep
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jinks

Yeah, I'll see ya at SCUM! Len'll fill you in on the ABS, &amp\\;\\\\\\; you *know* he's tested his!
&nbsp\\;
I know I'm at MISFIT.&nbsp\\; August 22 I'm moving my daughter back into C of C.&nbsp\\; So at 7PM in August in downtown Charleston&nbsp\\;I get to tote her stuff up 4 flights of stairs since the dorm doesn't have an elevator that will be usable.&nbsp\\; For this privledge I get to pay $4k.
&nbsp\\;
I don't see any reason&nbsp\\;I can't get up early Saturday and run over to Lens.&nbsp\\; Going to demo&nbsp\\;changing a tire in the driveway again?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sheep

I don't see any reason&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I can't get up early Saturday and run over to Lens.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Going to demo&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;changing a tire in the driveway again?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Not if Bear will quit tellin' me I got a flat! Besides, the FLTR is harder to get the wheel off of then the BMW.

Quick Reply: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it