Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Rethy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it

I would not trade just for the ABS. I got rid of a BMW with ABS brakes superior to HD brakes and would not go back just for the brakes. When the computer that operates the servos and pumps on the BMW fails it's $2400. Ever wonder why race bikes don't have them? They help when the road is slick-wet or sand covered. I would prefer to not have them myself. If you ride in the rain a lot you should be toning it down anyway. And if you get rid of the JUNK harley brake pads and go with good aftermarket pads you will be suprised how quickly you can slow the pig down. I agree with the modulating headlight comment also-Those work excellent! Its your money-but when you look at what your spending and getting in return it does not add up. You already have the stroker motor and six speed. Ride it and see what the 09 and 2010 models bring. -Rethy

Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 and wanted one without ABS, and glad I did.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 AM
cripula
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it boils down to if you have a pile of money burning a hole in your pocket or not.
My bagger's a '00 FLHT, 95", tour pak, 20,000 miles. I'd love a new one with the 6 speed, ABS, and especially the 6 gallon tank, but I can't justify taking the kind of hit I'd take on MY bike, which I bought used 4 years ago, when it has so many more good miles in it. The hit you'll take would be way worse. If it were me I'd just rack up a bunch of miles on the one I have, then get rid of it when you've had your money's worth.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:58 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 bikes 1 with and 1 without and i picked without. I don't see abs as The second coming. I think the 08s have enough new crap. I am glad to see others with it, I think some people need all the help they can get.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sheep

2007 FLHTCU, Vivid Black
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I keep thinking about ABS.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; That's the only thing that might make me trade.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; So I start adding things up.
&lt\\;schnippe&gt\\;
Jeese Dave! Can't get away with bait that stinky over in the VB&amp\\;G, so you come over here &amp\\; throw it in a barrell! I'll bet you're usin' a shotgun too, right?

Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Sheep
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jinks

Jeese Dave! Can't get away with bait that stinky over in the VB&amp\\;\\\\\\;G, so you come over here &amp\\;\\\\\\; throw it in a barrell! I'll bet you're usin' a shotgun too, right?
&nbsp\\;
Pretty much.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I like the idea of ABS but not at the cost involved with trading/selling mine.&nbsp\\; Only thing makes me intersted is I turned it sideways once right after it started a misting rain.&nbsp\\; Saved it but an Ultra sideways if kind of odd.
&nbsp\\;
Doing the daughter birthday thing today/&nbsp\\; Riding up to this with my neighbors tomorrow.
&nbsp\\;
http://freedombikefest.com/
&nbsp\\;
You doing MISFIT or SCUM?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I'll see ya at SCUM! Len'll fill you in on the ABS, &amp\\; you *know* he's tested his!

Old 07-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Absofreakinlutely absurd

If you're just dying for a useless&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;*** whippin similar to what you'd get by this redickulous gesture, dress in drag and go to your local&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;cowboy bar with your sack hanging out.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Video tape the ordeal and come back here and show us the footage of the hospital surgeon removing 20 cowboy boots from yo azz..
Funny chit there.....

Old 07-04-2008, 06:38 AM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

In my opinion, I would keep the bike and upgrade to better brakes for it. There are better brake systems out there that should bring your braking capabilities up to where you feel they need to be. But then if it is just the ABS then there is only one choice.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 07-04-2008, 06:40 AM
dropone
Supporter

I can’t believe everyone has so much trouble stopping there bikes without ABS.

Quick Reply: Decisions, Trade, sell or keep it