Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RoadGlide owners with a Clearview. I got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
jskwarek
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RoadGlide owners with a Clearview. I got a ?

Yea I was expecting more re-curve as well, but the small amount does more then you expect.&nbsp\\; Ask about defect shields when you talk to them.&nbsp\\; I couldn't wait the 8 weeks for mine and they had several defects in stock so I go mine in less then a week and can't find the scratches that they said were in it.
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: omgtkk

Yep, big bummer.
I just mounted it up and it is too tall.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The top edge is right in my line of sight.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Gonna have to return it for a shorter version.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Hopefully there won't be a 8 week wait for the replacement.
I have the medium on my bike. You are correct about the recurve. Very slight. I know that the medium is actually 1 inch taller than the stock shield. I'm 5'10" and the medium is just barely short enough for me. I use a backrest so I sit up pretty straight. If I slouch at all, I end up looking through not over.
&nbsp\\;
The windshield in my sig is a Klockwerks 12". I took it off after a month. I am very happy with the clearview. Bought a blem for a very good price and you can't even see the blemish.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: racklefratz

"I got a?" is a **** poor subject.

If the subject doesn't provide sufficient clarity for me to have a clue what the post is about, I'm not going to waste time with it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; FYI
&nbsp\\;
So what is wrong with "I have a question?" You're one of the ***** that ruin this forum for the new person. Keep you comments to yourself . . . please.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really think this shield is mismarked.&nbsp\\; It is supposed to be a medium, 1" higher than stock, but it sits more like an x-tra large.&nbsp\\; Measuring just along the plexiglas it's 19" tall in the center.&nbsp\\; My stock shield is 16".&nbsp\\; Measuring up from the HD logo between the speedo and tach it's almost 3" taller than the stock shield.&nbsp\\; Way too tall for me.&nbsp\\; Hopefully they will pcik up return shipping or this is going to end up costing a ton before all is said and done.
Steve, what is the height of the plexi on your medium?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
BEAST
Cruiser

Do any of you have a problem being able to turn the handlebars all the way to the stop so they can be locked without hitting the windsheild? My buddy put a clearview on his wifes' RG and she can't turn them far enough without the handle bar hitting the shield. Not sure what size windsheild it is.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think a few guys reported having to adjust their mirrors because they were hitting.&nbsp\\; I have aftermarket bars on my bike with a ton more pullback, so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
MJR
Tourer

Sounds like they sent you the GT Extra Large.&nbsp\\; Give John a call, he was great to work with when I ordered mine.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Orion1369
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My GT Medium measurs 19" from the center screw to the top and about 13 3/4 from the instrument cluster.&nbsp\\; The recurve is like you describe.&nbsp\\; I'm about 5'7" and still see over it by a couple of inches.&nbsp\\; I have a Sundowner seat and my back rest is back enough I can relax.&nbsp\\; I switched to Hertiage bars also.&nbsp\\; Like someone else said I got mine when John had some blems and saved a few bucks and a lot of time, actually had the windshield in less then a week and could not find a scratch.&nbsp\\; First time I put the cover on I would have a used windshield anyway.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the subject doesn't provide sufficient clarity for me to have a clue what the post is about, I'm not going to waste time with it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; FYI.

&nbsp\\;
Ha ha - you already did! If your time is so freakin' valuable, you probably shouldn't be sitting at a computer browsing the forums in the first place!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:43 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

If the subject doesn't provide sufficient clarity for me to have a clue what the post is about, I'm not going to waste time with it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; FYI.

You just did.

Quick Reply: RoadGlide owners with a Clearview. I got a ?