Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing LEDs for the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing LEDs for the trunk

The other day I saw a guy with alternating red led strobes on his tourpack. It looked something like a cop would use. They were about 2" long and 1" high. They would flash fast about 6 or 7 times then alternate to the other side then back again. He had them hooked to his brake light circuit. They were the most noticable lights I have ever seen. Does anybody know where to get these. T.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 AM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flashing LEDs for the trunk

Ultrasweet, you may want to check with your local LEO first. Some municipalities kinds frown on things that resemble police lights. They flashing might be ok but the alternating back and and forth might give you a problem. Just my 2cts.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
IM744
Advanced

Check customdynamics.com&nbsp\\; I did led brake lights on my RK and love them the are insanely bright and compact and the even have flash modules to make them more eye catching.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,776 Likes on 469 Posts

They're brake lights, I don't think the cops can say anything about them. Harley sells the kit to turn your turn signals into this and they call it "wig-wag" if I'm not mistaken.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Lenyaw
Intermediate

I have a set of Whelen Red TIR3 Super-LED Modules on my tour pak, that are probably what you saw.
These things are unbelievable as brake lights. Mine are set to strobe 3 quick times, pause, then strobe again, as long as you have your brake lights on. They both flash at the same time, not alternating back &amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\; forth. I was asked by so many riders, where I got them that I started carrying the local dealers cards to hand out.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;
Here is the description from Whelen’s literature: “Tiny highly effective Super-LED encapsulated surface mount available in horizontal or vertical mount which comes standard with a single black ABS flange. Perfect for mounting wherever high intensity, warning is required. Available with 25 Scan-Lock flash patterns each with Phase 1 and Phase 2, (for simultaneous or alternating flashing lights) including steady-burn and synchronize wire. Size: 1-1/8” H x 3-5/8” W x 1-1/4” D.”
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;
Here is the link to the Whelen site. http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=12&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;cat_id=74&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;prod_id=145
edit: Ignore the stupid "\\\\\\\\" that have been added into the link or just go to Whelen.com, under the "lightheads" tab, scroll almost all the way to the bottom to find the TIR3 series.

You have to see them to believe how they light up the rear of you ride.
I highly recommend these to anyone that wants to reduce the risk of getting rear ended.
You would have to be totally blind to not see these suckers.
They were around $50-60 each.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 PM
TxRottie
4th Gear

I looked at the TIR3 and was wondering how many I could link together on the tourpac???&nbsp\\; Or even an alternate mount for when I detach the tourpac.&nbsp\\; Hmmmm

Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 AM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pictures of the mount?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 AM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

i have what ur describing on my brake lites, it's a brake modulator called wig-wag pull up www.wingstuff.com&nbsp\\; i also put a h/l modulator in.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I put the "Back-Off" brake light modulator on my Dyna and the girlfriends Sportster.&nbsp\\; It makes the brake light flash&nbsp\\; several times Quickly and then a few slow flashes, then back to a few quick flashes.&nbsp\\; On the Ultra,&nbsp\\;I used the back-off wig-wag module and it makes the tour pack brake lights flash alternately.&nbsp\\; Makes for a very noticable brake light system.&nbsp\\; Highly recommend it if you do much riding in traffic.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Fletch
Cruiser

Did you cut the TIR3 assemblies into your tourpack or mount them underneath? Looks interesting!

Quick Reply: Flashing LEDs for the trunk