Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking RK owners in Pittsburgh, PA (with a Sundowner seat)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
pxs130
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking RK owners in Pittsburgh, PA (with a Sundowner seat)

I have been trying to find a seat that works for me ever since I bought my RK… I love the comfort of the big, plush seats, but I want the look of a lean solo or Badlander seat.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I’m also only 5’6”, so I have been trying to find something that puts me in a good rider’s position for my size.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
My favorites so far:
-Mustang solo for the looks (and it’s fairly comfortable), but being short, it moves me back too far and forces me to reach for the bars.
- Harley Reach Seat for comfort.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I feel like it moves me forward a little too much, but it’s definitely more comfortable for the longer rides.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The main reason that I don’t keep this on my bike is because the passenger pillon is too big/high and takes away from the leaner look that I’m going for.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I’ve been through 4 seats over the past year.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; At $200-300 each, it’s getting a little expensive.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I haven’t found a dealership that will let me try a seat without buying it, and if I buy it, I can’t return it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I’m trying the next best thing… asking you if I can try your seat on my bike….
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Do any of you have a Harley Sundowner Touring Bucket Seat for Road King Models (p/n 51726-05), and live near Pittsburgh, PA?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Are you willing to meet me somewhere for 30 minutes and let me try your seat on my bike??

Old 07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
ZPA
Advanced
Default RE: Looking RK owners in Pittsburgh, PA (with a Sundowner seat)

I live in Zelienople (30 miles north of PGH).&nbsp\\; I have a Sundowner on my Road King Custom.&nbsp\\; It isn't the solo Sundowner, but you'd get the same feel.&nbsp\\; The seat is very comfortable.&nbsp\\; No complaints.&nbsp\\; If you want to come out to my place you can slip it on your bike and take it for a spin.
&nbsp\\;
My email is burgess4@zoominternet.net
&nbsp\\;
Let me know.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
pxs130
Cruiser
Default RE: Looking RK owners in Pittsburgh, PA (with a Sundowner seat)

Thanks ZPA!&nbsp\\; I sent you&nbsp\\;a direct&nbsp\\;email to your zoominternet account with my availability.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;