Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hurt my pride yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hurt my pride yesterday

Better there, than main street in Sturgis.&nbsp\\;[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have dropped mine 4 times. twice while 2up.&nbsp\\; Once in the ride like a pro class and the last time, I thought it would be cool to get off and not use the kickstand. It wasn't.
&nbsp\\;
My 29 year old son just bought his first bike.&nbsp\\; 08 Ultra. While waiting for it to come in I let him ride mine.&nbsp\\; He dropped it at the end of our drive way.&nbsp\\; He couldn't believe it.&nbsp\\; Last week we went on a little 800 mile ride.&nbsp\\; As his mother and I were waiting for him to show up he rolled up looked us in the eye, smiled and fell over.&nbsp\\; I knew I better not laugh.&nbsp\\; He was so embarrased. The next day he dropped it again.&nbsp\\; I tried to down play the whole thing.&nbsp\\; Anyway everyone does it.&nbsp\\; Or they lying.
&nbsp\\;
Don't worry about it.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

ORIGINAL: dougbk

&nbsp\\;
I watched a poor soul pick his up 42 times in one day on the first day of motor school.
[/quote]
&nbsp\\;
Guess this guy wasn't the quickest learner huh?
sorry, but 42 times, seems like a lot, he must have dumped it every time he rode it!!!
I do have to admire his "never quit" attitude though
LOL

Old 07-06-2008, 03:27 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dropped mine twice. First time the day I bought it from previous owner. he had a steep driveway going up onto steep street going down. Thought I could make, too slow bars went full right...he said don't worry we all do it.
&nbsp\\;
Second time, after riding all day, figured I'd practice some Ride Like A Pro stuff, dropped it in a slow right turn and ran out of space hitting a 3" tall curb and over I went.
&nbsp\\;
No damage except to pride...LOL

Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigskyhd

Better there, than main street in Sturgis.&nbsp\\;
Been there, done that!&nbsp\\; Well, didn't drop the bike, but our camper did break down in the middle of a right hand turn onto Lazelle.&nbsp\\; Had all traffic blocked for like 5 minutes until 20 guys came over and helped push it to the side of the road.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
vetto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time I dropped my previous bike was in my driveway with the key in my pocket! I found that I know lots of guys that have done the same thing...once that sucker gets going over it is hard to stop!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club.....

Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Shrimp926
Cruiser

Yep...happened to me in front of 3 painters who were sitting outside eating their lunch. They did not get up to help. I figured they had back trouble or something. Got it back up myself. Embarrassing...sure...but I got over it...you will too.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:22 PM
tano01
Road Captain

I've done it three times...once on the day I got my new RK when the rider's floorboard hit me in the back of the leg and it freaked me out (last bike had pegs), once at a ride and I hit a hole in the grass when we were staging the bikes at slow speed (yeah, that one was embarrassing), and once when an asswipe bolted out in front of me while I was getting ready to turn from a stop and had to slam the break on.&nbsp\\;

It happens...

Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

It happens eventually.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I was commenting to an aquaintance a couple of weeks ago, that I had not YET dropped my bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Well, karma bit me....have dropped it TWICE since then.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Yesterday, while rolling it back in the driveway, I stepped off of the edge of the concrete.....over it went.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Put a pretty good scratch on the very bottom edge of the lower...........not visible unless you get down on the ground and look up, but pisses me off just the same.
&nbsp\\;
Had not dropped mine in the first 8 months of ownership.&nbsp\\; Drove 80 miles to ride with an old friend.&nbsp\\; Before we hit the road, he commented that there are 2 types of riders.. those who have dropped their bike and those that will.&nbsp\\; I told him I had not dropped it yet.
Well we got to the first traffic light, I put my right foot down and slipped.&nbsp\\; I dropped my RKC.&nbsp\\; Friend turned around and just grinned at me.&nbsp\\; I managed to get it back up alright but the the thing that is really embarassing is it would not start.&nbsp\\; I guess the fuel injection get's flooded.&nbsp\\; After about 3 or 4 minutes of trying it fired up.&nbsp\\; I learned something that day .. pay attention.

Quick Reply: Hurt my pride yesterday