Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Bagger bags review

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Milwaukee Bagger bags review

I can't really blame this modification on the forum because while I thought the stretched bags looked good from previous pictures posted they never really set me off.&nbsp\\; I have to blame going on vacation the second week of June on this one.&nbsp\\; We stopped at a HD stealer and they had a Electra Glide with stretched bags and fender and holy schit that black bike looked freaking awesome in person.&nbsp\\; So I started researching the stretched bags when I got back home and from the advice of board member and talking with Puzzled on the phone I made the decision to go with the Milwaukee Bagger stretched bags over adding extentions.
&nbsp\\;
First MB's customer service is great.&nbsp\\; Nick answered emails fast and even explained how to mount the rear fender on the phone when I was ordering but the instructions covered all that also and were very detailed.&nbsp\\; The quality of the bags is great, I was expecting to get something that was still going to need some work to clean up but the bags arrived pre-drilled and ready to install.&nbsp\\; The rear fender cover was all that really needed much done to it but that was mainly due to the bike having the detachable tour pack but everything is included that you need.
&nbsp\\;
On the painting end I have a buddy who will remain un-named that paints bikes.&nbsp\\; He did a custom paint job on my last bike and I just did a seat for him and his buddy for their custom bike(no charge of course they are my buds)so I called him to see what he would paint the rear fender and bags for and I would do the mock up before hand.&nbsp\\; Well, I guess we aren't that good of buds after all and he wanted $850 to paint them.&nbsp\\; Another bud of mine who is on this forum had been recommending me his painter so I thought I would give him a call and holy cow dude said he would do it for $350 so I jumped on that.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; My current work load is pretty big right now and I didn't see any free time in the next several weeks so I called the painter up and asked if he would be interested in doing the mock up and final assymbly and he said sure so I loaded up the bike last Thursday and took it to him.&nbsp\\; He asked me when I needed it back by and I said I would like to have it before the 4th....(dreaming right?)&nbsp\\; Dude calls me yesterday morning and said the bike is done and ready to be picked up....oh yeah!
&nbsp\\;
This guy can paint and is very resonable.&nbsp\\; To do the mock up, paint the fender and two bags and to do the final assymbly he only charged $600 which I was more than happy to pay and when it comes time to get that special paint done he has earned my business hands down.&nbsp\\; Seeing some of his work custom work in person was cool to because he is all original and a super guy plus a painter that does what he says he will which is rare from my experiance.&nbsp\\; He also told me he just did a bag extension for a guy the week before made by one of the companies I was considering buying bags from originally and said they were crap, I won't go into detail but he was really impress with these and had actually recommended them already to a few other people who were wanting to do the samething so if they impress the painter the bags must be pretty good.
&nbsp\\;
Over all I am extremely happy.&nbsp\\; The bags looks awesome and really add to the bike plus the extra storage room while its not like adding a trunk I am sure it will be useful on trips because my wife packs up everthing she owns, even for a overnighter.&nbsp\\; So with all that being said I have to give Milwaukee Baggers a HUGE thumbs up because they have one great product.&nbsp\\; Sorry for the long winded post but here are some pictures of the finished product.
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 04:01 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Milwaukee Bagger bags review

Damn that looks good My dealer tried to talk me into those and I resisted, now I wish I had not. I might have to look into it again. are you worried about dragging them in turns ?
&nbsp\\;
I finally got my Monkey bars on and man they are comfortable and look great too.&nbsp\\;I need to talk to you about my seat some time.
&nbsp\\;
Your scoot just keeps&nbsp\\;looking better and better. Congrats on a fine looking ride.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 AM
bgkv77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that is one ugly bike.. Dang I got bike envy. Really nice ride!!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadX

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Holy CRAP!!!!

Your bike has come a LONG way and is freakin' AWSOME!&nbsp\\;

What brand fender is that? is it from MB too?

I can't get over the change! very nice!

One more question? Where did you get the bars? They rock!

-Denis

Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CNC WHEEL GUY

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

Holy CRAP!!!!

Your bike has come a LONG way and is freakin' AWSOME!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

What brand fender is that? is it from MB too?

I can't get over the change! very nice!

One more question? Where did you get the bars? They rock!

-Denis
&nbsp\\;
Don't mean to but in but those are Paul Yaffe's Monkey Bagger Bars http://baggernation.com/products-bars.htm&nbsp\\;I have a set and man are they comfy and look cool too.
I take it you do CNC for others ? we might have to talk.
&nbsp\\;
Sorry for the slight hijack

Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ripper43

Damn that looks good My dealer tried to talk me into those and I resisted, now I wish I had not. I might have to look into it again. are you worried about dragging them in turns ?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I finally got my Monkey bars on and man they are comfortable and look great too.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I need to talk to you about my seat some time.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Your scoot just keeps&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;looking better and better. Congrats on a fine looking ride.
&nbsp\\;
I am not concerned about dragging the bags at stock height plus I have the 21x18 wheels which raised the bike some and I haven't lowered it so I do have more ground clearance than the stock 16's had.&nbsp\\; But I do plan on going with adjustable air shocks but that is more for show than riding around slammed down.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Lets see some pics of the monkey bars on your bike?&nbsp\\; I love mine.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;
I finally got my Monkey bars on and man they are comfortable and look great too.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I need to talk to you about my seat some time.
Your scoot just keeps&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;looking better and better. Congrats on a fine looking ride.
I am not concerned about dragging the bags at stock height plus I have the 21x18 wheels which raised the bike some and I haven't lowered it so I do have more ground clearance than the stock 16's had.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; But I do plan on going with adjustable air shocks but that is more for show than riding around slammed down.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Lets see some pics of the monkey bars on your bike?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I love mine.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Here's a picture or 2 I will get some better one's when I am in the Co. Rockies this next week.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
I finally got my Monkey bars on and man they are comfortable and look great too.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I need to talk to you about my seat some time.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Your scoot just keeps&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;looking better and better. Congrats on a fine looking ride.
I am not concerned about dragging the bags at stock height plus I have the 21x18 wheels which raised the bike some and I haven't lowered it so I do have more ground clearance than the stock 16's had.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; But I do plan on going with adjustable air shocks but that is more for show than riding around slammed down.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Lets see some pics of the monkey bars on your bike?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I love mine.
Here's a picture or 2 I will get some better one's when I am in the Co. Rockies this next week.

&nbsp\\;
Cool,&nbsp\\; I see I need to pull mine back which is what I thought.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

&nbsp\\;I think it looks great. I been debating going with streatched bags? It would be between Bad Dad Custom bags and Milwaukee Baggers? Milwaukee Baggers is local for me.
&nbsp\\;How come you stuck with the stock lights vs getting some leds?

Old 07-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome ride. Love the set up..

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Bagger bags review