Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield and wind deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
FXWGG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield and wind deflectors

I have an 07 Ultra and the dang windshield hits me right at eye level.&nbsp\\; Is it better to go taller or shorter.&nbsp\\; I rteally don't like the looks of a taller&nbsp\\; one but want to make sure I don't get a lot of wind in the face.&nbsp\\; Any suggestions would help.&nbsp\\; Also, in reguards to the small wnd deflectors on the faring, has anybody taken them off and if so did it help with heat issues?
Thanks,
FXWGG

Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Windshield and wind deflectors

For the windshield, go shorter. Your eyes should be looking over the top of the shield by a couple inches. As for the fairing mounted&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;wind deflectors, I have not removed them and have not been unbearably hot even on 100 degree days. From the look of them after a trip, they do their fare share of keeping bugs off of me.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the fairing deflectors were adjustable on the Ultra like the freedom wings?&nbsp\\; If not, freedom wings are only $79 and can be turned to give you a nice breeze.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I recently switched to an 8" shield and like it a lot.&nbsp\\; I was OK with looking through the stock shield but it sucked in the rain.&nbsp\\; This one I look over and I'm sold on that now.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
As for the wings, I pulled mine for a while and immediately noticed a LOT more wind.&nbsp\\; I then went and bought the new style adjustable ones for the 08's and love the way they look and function.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

Clearview has great windshields that deflect as much wind as taller stock ones. I have a 9.5" recurve that is as good or better than the stock 12" and I can see over it. They have smoked, clear and black and you can still see through them at night . They are the best!! I have not seen one bad comment about clearview and that what prompted me to get one.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
johntheone
Advanced

I had a 4 inch tinted, the wind was directed into the face. I changed to a 10 inch, no wind and reduced noise - perfect for me. But, doesn't look anywhere near as good as the short tinted screen&nbsp\\; so thats the trade - lower has the looks, higher has the comfort.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
SoCal Ultra
Advanced

I'm 6ft and run a 8 inch tinted.&nbsp\\; I tried shorter and got a lot more wind, went to the 8 inch and it works very good.&nbsp\\; Looking over the shield is definately the way to go...I bought the fastaire since I was trying to decide and they run about $25-$30.&nbsp\\; Quality is good and they are great to deal with, fast shipment.&nbsp\\; The air baffle that goes between the forks is a must as well, you can buy chrome for about $20 or black for $12.&nbsp\\; Help with the buffeting air coming from below the tank.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I recommend the Clearview Shields with recurve. I am 6'3" and have the 9 1/2 " with recurve and it works nicely. For one that tall I would stay away from the black because you really can't see good thru them at night. I think their website tells you this. Good luck !!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 AM
earlehd
Cruiser

I run a clear view also and love it, but unlike others, in the rain I like a taller windshield to protect the face.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
redultra02
Cruiser

Check out this link from fast aire,&nbsp\\; I have an 08 ultra and use the 10"&nbsp\\; medium grey, Great product

www.fastaire.com

Quick Reply: Windshield and wind deflectors