Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feulmoto pak install

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Feulmoto pak install

Well, not sure, but it is a little harder than all that. I worked on mine for a couple of hours last night. I had a bad problem with the exhaust clamps. I got them off ok, but could not get them on with the new mufflers, I could not tighten them. Strange design with no backside bolt, and the darn detent on&nbsp\\;kept spinning. I am sure if I would have had some WD40 it would have helped, but it&nbsp\\;should not be that hard. &nbsp\\;For the stage one, they could have better directions with a few pictures. They talk about using gaskets, and the darn thing has like 5 of them. I figured out where they all went, but it took a little while. The other thing I was worried about was how hard to torque the bolts into the throttle body - the thing is aluminum and I was worried about stripping them. I got it together though. I am going to try and get some new 2" clamps for the&nbsp\\;exhaust&nbsp\\;and install the PCIII tonight. I will let you know how that goes.
&nbsp\\;
Ed
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
barkster99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Extremely pleased with mine - performance and sound. 07 RKC.&nbsp\\; Do it.
&nbsp\\;
PCIII - nothing to it.
&nbsp\\;
AC - not difficult but took some time (&lt\\;1 hr.)
&nbsp\\;
slipons - Another easy one - if they slip off like they slip on.&nbsp\\;Kind of sticky some times. And might want some sealer for the install.
&nbsp\\;
No big deal in any case.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:25 AM
prowler
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: Stretglyd08

Thinking about installing the stage one kit with power commander from Fuelmoto. Wondering about how hard and complicated a job it is. I'm pretty handy with tools just don't want to screw up any motor stuff!! I read it's not bad and would like to save the HD store labor costs.
Simple if you don't have ABS, a bit more time-consuming if you do. Don't miss the opportunity to get the Jackpot mufflers and FM AC with the PCIII, as it's a well-designed, inexpensive combo that gives excellent performance and throaty sound without drowning out the radio or pissing off the neighbors.
&nbsp\\;
+1
&nbsp\\;
Have this set up w/ the big sucker and I just love it!!&nbsp\\; Great combo. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
montanatinman
Novice

Simple install. Two things you want to watch out for. One if you reuse the old muffler clamps they may loosen up check repetedly over the first few miles. Next you may have to set the closed throttle position. The PCIII from Jamie has been premapped but does not set the closed position. It's fairly simple ( Heck I did it). Mine was off by 4% therefor the whole map through all rpm ranges were rich by 4% and i was getting horrible mileage with a lot of decel popping. Reset the closed position and all is well. My one complaint is they do not tell you about this in the installation instructions. Otherwise great sound and nice perfomance boost.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, I got mine set up. ONce I got new muffler clamps everything went on in about 10 minutes. Then install the pc3 took 10 minutes, program on the phone with Fuelmoto - about 5 minutes - reinstall bags and clean 10 minutes...

Ride a brand new honkin HARLEY that SOUNDS like a HARLEY - Priceless...

MAn, what a difference - it was like my bike had chains on it and now it is set free. The pipes sound AWESOME and the bike has twice the pickup. WOW. We will see if it solved the heat problem on my commute tomorrow and I will let you know.

669 clams was totally worth it.

Only thing is, I may have to get a 1/4" smaller baffle, darn things sound great, but are almost TOO loud. That is the nice thing about the way they are built, just a new baffle and a new map gives you a slightly different sound.

Ed

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

You will acclimate to the sound. It is still probably half the volume as the rest of the pack you go on your weekly ride with.

The only problem I had installing my gear was the K&N did not fit properly without obtaining some thicker washers for between the backing plate and the vent tubes to the heads. If I had installed it with just the thin ones that came in the kit it would have bent the backing plate out of shape enough to cause a poor seal with the filter element.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: glens

Your map may not be off in and of itself. If you have been running with aftermarket mufflers, pipes, or airbox, then your AFVs are what are off.
Every time the subject of AFV's comes up I try to recall the sequence of events I followed 18 months ago. I definitely installed the mufflers the day before the PCIII and AC arrived, but I can't recall if I cranked the bike briefly with only the mufflers attached, just to give a listen. That makes me wonder, but what's not in question is how the bike runs, which is excellent. So, if it ain't broke....

Old 07-03-2008, 05:24 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

It has been rather obvious to me that you must have installed everything just about at once from a stock running platform. Even if you had fired up the bike and let it idle, blipping the throttle a few times, for a couple of minutes, it is possible you may have flirted with modifying the AFVs. As for me, I had put a good thousand miles on mine with just the Rush 2-inchers, which was definitely ample time to get them well and truly adjusted.

You talk to Jamie fairly regularly, as I understand it. Next time you do, ask him some questions on my behalf if you would be so kind.
[*] Does he have access to a Digital Technician (or other means) to read the AFVs on his Road King?
[*] If so, what are they currently?
[*] When the bike is at normal operating temperature, running, and one of his O2 eliminators is yanked from the harness, does one or both AFVs go to 90%?
[*] If so, could he recalibrate his PC-III map to be correct for that situation and disseminate that one with the instruction to field-tune the AFVs to 90%?

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:57 AM
nujohn
Tourer

you may like the 1.75 baffles put them on mine not too loud and still here the radio

Old 07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Stretglyd08
Cruiser

well it doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll have to give it a try. Gotta save some cash then give FM a call. Thanks for all the imput guys

Quick Reply: Feulmoto pak install