Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide rear fender fascia on Road Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM
BaggerHooker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide rear fender fascia on Road Glide?

Has anyone installed the rear fender facia with the tri bar light from a street glide onto a road glide with detachable tour pak mounts? I have seen pics but was wondering what all is required. Thanks for your input.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Street Glide rear fender fascia on Road Glide?

i thought the new rg,s came with it??

Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser

This has been done a few times at least, run a search and there are some good write ups

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bagge I just completed doing that very thing,( LOOKS AWESOME BTW) do a search for info,IVE forgotten the name of those who helped me,&nbsp\\; IF you have any questions, email me i'll be happy to tell you how i did it,&nbsp\\; DO NOT DRILL HOLES IN FENDER( use the 3m tape)&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; be happy to answer any detailed questions via Email,&nbsp\\; GOOD LUCK

Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 61 Posts

I just completed this using info/help from a couple people here on the forum... lots of posts on it do a search, a couple have the part #'s you will need.&nbsp\\; I relocated my license plate under the taillight by ordering the stock SG turnsignal bar, and used a Kuryakyn curved plate holder, I think it finished off the back end nice.&nbsp\\; I also mounted mine using 3m tape, no issues so far.
&nbsp\\;
I have the detachable tourpack hardware on mine.&nbsp\\; It clutters up the look a little, but not too bad, especially for the convenience of the tourpack when I need it.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

I've done it also. It's a piece of cake. It took me no more than 1 hour from start to finish. There is a long list of parts on the forum somewhere, but you can get by with these parts and a small roll of 3M double back bumper adhesive.

59739-06DH Ground Effects (DH designates vivid black - if you're bike is a different color it will have a different letter code)
69375-06&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Rear Fender Light assy - this is the older version that is NOT a brake light. There is a newer version that acts as a brake light
59749-06&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Rubber Grommet (you need 2 of these if you are running the two up tour pack docking hardware)
6703&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Washer
7683&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Locknut
59790-06&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Ground Effects support

Total retail cost of the above items is around $145. I paid about $115 by getting 20% off at my dealer, you should be able to do the same with one of the online parts places (Zanottis, Chicago HD, M&amp\\;M Cycle). Obviously if your bike is a color they do not make the SG in, you will have to paint the ground effects part.

Hope that helps.

Zach

Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
BaggerHooker
Intermediate

Many thanks to all of you. I will order in the morning. If I have any problems I know where to seek advice.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

I've done it also. It's a piece of cake. It took me no more than 1 hour from start to finish. There is a long list of parts on the forum somewhere, but you can get by with these parts and a small roll of 3M double back bumper adhesive.

59739-06DH Ground Effects (DH designates vivid black - if you're bike is a different color it will have a different letter code)
69375-06 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\ \\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Rear Fender Light assy - this is the older version that is NOT a brake light. There is a newer version that acts as a brake light
59749-06 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\ \\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Rubber Grommet (you need 2 of these if you are running the two up tour pack docking hardware)
6703 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\ \\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\ \\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\ \\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Washer
7683 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\ \\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\ \\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\ \\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Locknut
59790-06 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\ \\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Ground Effects support

Total retail cost of the above items is around $145. I paid about $115 by getting 20% off at my dealer, you should be able to do the same with one of the online parts places (Zanottis, Chicago HD, M&\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;M Cycle). Obviously if your bike is a color they do not make the SG in, you will have to paint the ground effects part.

BTW, the part # for the new style tri light is 68358-07. This one is both a taillight and a stop light.

Hope that helps.

Zach
Hey Zach,

Where does the ground effects support go and what does it do? I'm getting my parts list together to do this some time this summer.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
kmvallee
Cruiser

3M&nbsp\\;tape on a 20somethingthousand dollar Harley-Davidson lets get real......................you gotta be kidding?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 PM
mhud
Road Captain

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I had the dealer put it on my RG. Parts at retail were about $169 plus and hour labor. Looks sweet IMHO.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43876/7F1E68EC658E4043A0C04E103BAB07B2.jpg[/IMG]