Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Tool Pouch

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Tool Pouch

I'm looking for some input in regards to a leather tool pouch specifically what size you have used for mounting on the triple tree. I want something large enough to be worth while but not too big where I run the chance of it banging into the fender while riding. I plan on mounting it as high up as possible under the headlamp and tying it to the triple tree cross bar.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts
Default RE: Leather Tool Pouch

I would suggest the Engine guard bags they make for the RKC. I use them, both right and left, they are cheap, and IMO, indispensable. Have had passengers while they were there, nary a complaint.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 PM
mchacon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked mine up at the HD Dealership in El Cajon and I think the pouch might be in the catalog. It fits perfectly under the headlight bar and is just wide enough but beware! Do not fill it with tools!! Given the right velocity and suddeness of a dip or pothole your forks will absorb the shock but in so doing collapse to a couple of inches from the bar. I learned the hard way. I placed the roll-up HD tool kit and couple of other tools in my bag and the first dip I hit forced my fender against the tool bag. I now have a nasty 3 - 4 inch dent across top of my front fender. That hurt! I kept the bag but use it to carry only a couple of items now.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

Stretchman -

Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to get those also for storing other small objects too. Just curious, did you go with the one that holds a water bottle or just plain on both sides? Are they large enough to hold a rolled up tool kit? I'm thinking about getting the one from Wind Zone.

mchacon -

It was your post I read in regards to the dented fender that made me ask this question. It doesn't seem too smart for HD to make a "tool" pouch that fits the triple tree but has the potential of doing what happened with yours. I take it the one in your picture is the pouch you are referring to? If so it appears, judging by the picture, it was sitting high enough not to cause any problems. Guess it's hard to tell by looks alone. You would by chance know the width & height measurement would you?

Thanks much,
Brian

Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
FXDIinMD
Cruiser

when i had my Dyna, i had a tool bag, much like this one, (click here) with a Cruz-tool set in it which resulted in scratching the crap out of the paint on the fender. i moved it to the frame down tubes and had no problems with clearance of the tire and fender. i would look for a bag with D-Ring straps since the bounching on the bag will tighten on the D-ring.