Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Flare Windshield (review)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks Flare Windshield (review)

&nbsp\\;
....ok, lettme 1st say that I'm not a paid celebrity endorser . I just returned from a 7 day/3800+ mile road trip and thought it about time to give y'all a full ride report on my findings of this windshield.

Here's the 411 of my set-up: 07 SG with 15" monkey bars, no lowers, wind deflectors, king size tour pak, stock speakers. I'm 6'2 and 215lbs and do not ride with helmet unless mandated.

Trip started out with my initial 4" black windshield. Looks good, function sucks. After a thousand miles of helmet buffeting (thanx Missouri &amp\\; Nebraska) and violent wind noise I had decided that once I got to Mitchell SD, I was gonna give Brian &amp\\; his crew at Klock Werks a shot and check out firsthand what all the fuss was about with the innovative "flare." I'm sure glad I did. So is my wife.

I'm not a fan of any windshields but this one is truly amazing. The looks are what sold me on it...then it's function. After a few miles it was quickly determined that noise level is greatly reduced. The buffeting at up to 80MPH is reduced to such that my glasses no longer bounce around on my face w/o a helmet (thanx South Dakota) or a bandanna. My wife said she can feel the difference as well as hear the stereo much better.

I think the Klock Werks Flare Windshield overall quality is excellent. Their customer service is top notch (thanx John for the install). So while some of u who ride w/ taller windshields might not like it, those of you with the shorter shields are missing the boat. Go ahead &amp\\; drop the dime on this one. It's worth it.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
BEFORE:

&nbsp\\;
AFTER:

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;