Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Copsdoit
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Seat

Looking to switch out original seat on 07 Ultra Classic with a Mustang, one piece ultra touring seat, mod 75449.&nbsp\\; Can anyone tell me the differences between these 2 seats?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I am looking for details as&nbsp\\;far as measurements, ie\\;&nbsp\\;sitting you back further, up or down, widths, comfort etc...&nbsp\\; Also is there any difference in the way the&nbsp\\;Mustang seat looks on the bike, compared to the original seat?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 AM
toastedoat
Cruiser
Default RE: Mustang Seat

I bought one and I returned it, it brought me higher to the point that I was on my tiptoes at a red light.&nbsp\\; It also brought me closer so that the "boys" were almost on the tank, not the seat...&nbsp\\; I also didn't care for the way it felt on my fat a$$, the seat and me just didn't conform well to each other...&nbsp\\;One positive thing I will say is that Mustang took the seat back true to their word, and issued me a credit within 3 days...

Old 06-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Lt James
Tourer

I just put a Mustang 1 piece touring on my 08 SG for me and wife when 2 up'ing it. We both love it. It did move me maybe 1" forward, and 1" up. But I heard the "up" part will go back to stock height when the seat foam "settles". Put about 600 miles on mine so far, and I have zero complaints. They are narrower in the nose, which offsets the increased height. As I was on my toes (30" inseam) normally, and since putting the Mustang on, I can flat foot it now.
If you are unsure, buy it from the factory, as that 10 day return policy is priceless. You can take a chance, and save almost $100 from places like M&amp\\;M Cycles, Ebay, etc. If you didn't like it, you'd just have to sell here, Ebay, or the other HD forum. Chances are I'm gonna say you will like it.

Ride safe.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the 75449 Mustang seat on my 2006 FLHT.
My seat and your factory seat should be the comfort stitch.
The 75449 sits about 1" higher than the stock seat when first installed.
I'm 5'8" 185 lbs and pretty good shape , 32" inseam , small to average butt.....
My Mustang feels like the seating position is pretty much the same as stock front to rear.
The Mustang is an absolute Brick when new , and takes honestly about 1000 miles to settle in.
The Mustang is tilted towards the rear and sets you in the pocket , where the stock seat lets you slide a bit forward when braking.
The Mustang is narrower at the front than the Harley seat , but I have to slide forward to get to the front of the seat.
The 75449 is exactly what I needed the seat to do for me , but everyones build is different.
I hated the Mustang for the first few hundred miles , but as I got used to it , I found that I never was thinking about my butt aching
anymore like the stocker , I can just keep riding without pain , unlike the stock seat.
At 1000 miles , the Mustang feels like it's only a half inch higher than stock now.
Just my observations on the 75449.
Mick

Old 06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

on my 2nd mustang seat very comfortable no more monkey butt !!