Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Harley Streetgliide Sound System Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigFokker
Nice! So with two 6x9's in each bag and an amp added in one, you don't really have any actual cargo space do you?
have plenty with my stretched bags... amp sits in extra space, also hv a tour pack, right noew im only running 2 of 4 6x9s to show people it will still sound amazing with only two...

Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GTS,

Are you interested in building my wiring harness for my stereo system in my Ultra ??

I know that you are super busy, and I understand if you can't. But,.........your work is impeccable, and I trust it much more than my local shop !!

Shoot me a PM, and if so, I'll map out my system for you.

~THANKS
Jay

Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Great looking!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by cbears
Great looking!!!
thanks, more updates coming soon...

Old 02-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master
Old 04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need a update....

Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
09streetbobber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok so I just bought a set of memphis m-class 6x9. I will be putting one in each bag. Pushing the speakers will be a kicker 100.2 . I was wondering what else do i need to make this happen? its a road king so im gonna run this off a ipod. what connector should i use for that. Is my stock battery fine with this or do I need to upgrade to the odyssey? thanks GTS your pics and post have helped alot!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Jerzmatic
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gtsdesigns
I have been on the forum for while, but haven't posted much. i have many things going right now and am busy, but love it when I get a chance to visit. I thought I would share a little on what I have been doing with my bike. Please keep in mind that this may be excessive to some, but is not for me. Everything I am doing and have done, has a purpose and was done for sound quality. I have two sets of bags and can swap things out pretty easy. I will update this as I go along, cause i am changing the rear of the bike, I have "true" extended bags, a chopped tour pack and leg warmers (which I fiberglassed, two piece, to house flushed 6.5" midbass speakers) at my painter's shop. I will be cleaning everything up and completing a more show quality install when i get those back.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you have them. I have handle bars, wheels and other parts sitting, waiting for me to get the time to throw everything on. Here is a few products I used for my bikes audio:

Alpine IDA-001 (Ipod control only)
(2) Ipods (which are both connected)
(1) 10" Rockford sub (thin series)
(1) 5.25" Alpine SPX-Pro component set
(1) 6.5 Alpine SPX component set
Alpine PDX-5 (5 channel amp)
(2) Alpine 6x9s
Odyssey Battery
and a few other surprises

will be adding one more Alpine Amp (2 ch.) and 2 more 6x9's in the tour pack along with another battery and battery isolator, all quick disconnect. I haven't heard another bike that sounds as good (the sound quality is amazing, even at freeway speeds)...I haven't had any problems with weight or wobble and the equipment is close to the weight restrictions for the bags... to ensure no problems, I will be reinforcing the brackets...I have a video, but am having problems, downloading it (not that it would really represent how the bike sounds, its a cool video)...
I really, really, really need to talk to you. I have searched the web for days now and this post was the closest thing to anything or anyone even beginning to understand the type of massive sound I want !!!

You have really made my day.

I just signed up a minute ago just to get a message to you. If you would please shoot me an e-mail and I will reply with pics of my bike and my dilemna. I feel like you can help me in many many ways. Hell I never even considered the lower farings.......SICK !!!

please, please shoot me an e-mail Jerzmatic@yahoo.com

Much respect for your vision and work.

-ASAP

Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jerzmatic,

GTS has been MIA since April.. When it's the 'busy season', he seldom has time to post.

GTS is quite the mentor on sound systems !!

Hope you get ahold of him, but don't hold your breath. He always has a LOT of projects going on that consume most of his time.

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 08-24-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

sorry guys, been crazy busy, too much going on, need to get back to the passion behind all this, but life has me working hard... ill be catching up on the threads, trying to answer some of the questions asked, if not answered already... hope everyone has been great.

bike has been done for a while, well going to be tearing it down again soon, or selling it. dont know, short video , music is turned down very low, ill do an update on that later some time, still sound incredible

Last edited by Gtsdesigns; 10-25-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Harley Streetgliide Sound System Project