Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minibeast Air Horn & All Who Do Not Have An Air Horn

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Minibeast Air Horn & All Who Do Not Have An Air Horn

ORIGINAL: cadman311

I was told the horn are the same but the sound are not the same sound. They are a bit different. Don't know why?

The Minibeast horn is the Nautilus horn in a chrome casing. The horn is mounted to the chrome cover. The "regular" Nautilus horn mounts directly to the oem bracket. It should sound the same....they are one-in-the-same.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for that. Ive the Harbor Freight air horns. Mine are 134 decibels. Since I ride a 1992 FLHTP I had pleanty of room under my seat to face them down at the back tire and the pavement. Their cost was $34.00 With this many decibels. The direction of the horns doesnt matter. I swear I loosen paint off cagers with mine, let a-lone,... cause bowel movements. ( To cagers, not me) Tho the horns are red plastic. I just spray painted em black and placed them under my seat.

RJ

ORIGINAL: russl179

ORIGINAL: zoood

How many decibels is this mini horn?

RJ

Old 07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
kg4epz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either of these will wake a dead man!
Great horns. IMO.
And worth every penny.
RC

Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 PM
roadglidedude
Advanced

does anyone know if you can use the stock horn cover with the MB?
I just had mine powdercoated and wanted to re use if possible
Thanks

Old 09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by russl179
I just got back home from the NC State Hog Rally. I went into the vendor's area with the goal to buy the Minibeast horn. I went up to this vendor and he had the Minibeast and the Strebuel (sp?) Nautilus horns. I didn't realize it but the Minibeast is a Nautilus horn with the square looking chrome cover. I thought the Minibeast was it's own brand of horn. Anyway, I decided to buy the Minibeast and the guy installed it on the spot for me.

What a difference this horn is compared to stock. Believe-it-or-not, the horn saved me from an accident on the way home from the rally. While on I-85, this idiot cager decided he want wanted to share a lane with me. I hit the Minibeast, and it scared the bejebbers out of him, he jerked his Jeep back over into his lane. I do not think he would have reacted like this if I had the stock horn. The horn already paid for itself!

An air horn is a must have on your bike. The louder the better.

Ride safe.

I have the same experience once a week since I installed my Mini-Beast. Gotta have one. Safety upgrade not cosmetic. Money well spent.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm convinced now more than ever.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglidedude
Thanks

NO, the OEM cover is to small to house the air horn

Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I bought the mini beast in 06, early 07 the case cracked, and I was at the MB rally, and talked with the guy that makes them. I told him that my case cracked, and he asked when I bought it. I told him, and he told me that they redesigned the case, and gave me a brand new one. I asked if he wanted the old one to prove it, he said nope.

Can't go wrong with people like that.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadglidedude
Thanks

I think if you read this and other threads completely, you may find a way to use your horn cover. I'm looking at this horn for my new bike, YTB...

I read the Mini Beast is the same as the Stebel / Nautilus, which does not have a cover, you see the horn itself, and people have commented that if you take the minibeast apart, it looks just like the stebel/nautilus.

I guess the guts of these have 2 components, the horn and the pump, if I recall correctly. The minibeast itself, which comes w/ it's own case to self contain it, is a total replacement for the stock setup.

However, while it increases the time and effort to install it, I believe I read that people w/ the stebel/nautilus took the pump part of the horn, and mounted it in a hidden location (under seat, behind side cover, whatever), and then put the horn part of it inside the stock cover.

Since the mb is the same thing inside, one guy I read took his MB apart and did the same thing, because he already had the MB.

However, the MB which comes with the cover and all that, is significantly more expensive than the stebel/nautilus alternative, so if your plan is to put it in the stock cover, then I would investigate that route from the beginning...

That's all I know, search a little more and you'll find it, I just read it the other day.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:02 PM
fatbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm waiting for the mini beast II, supposedly out pretty soon.

Quick Reply: Minibeast Air Horn & All Who Do Not Have An Air Horn