Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Aire Shields ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:52 AM
hhpd24
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Aire Shields ?

Anyone using a Fast Aire windshield?&nbsp\\; Look nice &amp\\; can't beat the price!&nbsp\\; Thinking about trying one out on my '07 glide.&nbsp\\; 6 inch or 8 inch - can't decide?&nbsp\\; I am 5'11 &amp\\; need something a little taller but don't want to spoil the look of the bike.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks...
&nbsp\\;
Jerzidude

Old 06-28-2008, 08:01 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Fast Aire Shields ?

I bought a fast aire 8" and a 10" because they were so cheap I wanted to see which one I liked the best. I was getting pretty good wind protection with the 10" but I was looking part through it and part over it.
&nbsp\\;
I was looking over the 8" but the wind protection was marginal. The airflow was hitting me right about eye level.
&nbsp\\;
One I knew the 8" was right for my vision, I bought an 8" clearview with recurve. Now visibility is perfect and airflow is above my eyes.
&nbsp\\;
I am 5' 9" with a 32" inseam.
&nbsp\\;
Dennis

Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 AM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The price is right and the quality is very good.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm 6'4 and also didn't want to effect the look of the SG, but the 8 inch really didn't give me the wind deflection I was looking for, so I went with a 10 inch touring windshield from Fastaire.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Easy to work with, fast shipping, package arives well cared for.
&nbsp\\;
The picture below is with the 8 inch shield.&nbsp\\; I still put it on from time to time, but I really prefer the wind deflection of the 10.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; FWIW, I also just added the HD adjustable wind deflectors (mounted on the bottom of the fairing).&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; At my height and when my feet are on the highway pegs, wind is an issue!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are looking for a cheap windshield that ships fast then I recommend Fastaire.&nbsp\\; If you are looking for a high quality windshield that is more aerodyanmic then I highly recommend Clearview with Recurve or Cee Baileys SSC.
&nbsp\\;
The most important feature to me was a windshield that drasticly reduces helmet buffeting and wind noise.&nbsp\\; If that is important then definitely go with Clearview or SSC.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 AM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Purchased the 10 inch Fast-Aire and am very pleased with price and quality. May eventually get a 8 inch Clearview. This is a good way to decide which height&nbsp\\; shield you want.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:00 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 8" Fastaire medium "dark" shield. I,m 5'9 with a 31" inseam. It hits just at the top of my helmet. I can see over it just fine. I can even wear my standard eyeglasses (to see) without much wind issue. Best part they are well made, and a very nice price as well.
&nbsp\\;
Frank

Old 06-28-2008, 09:16 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buckwheat

What "tint" is the&nbsp\\;shield you have pictured?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am about 5'10" and have tried the 8" Fastaire and have since gone to the 6".&nbsp\\; I liked the wind protection of the 8" and it was great on the flat land but when I was trying to ride the hills on a 2 lane I was looking over the shield on the flats and looking through it climbing the hills.&nbsp\\; That's why I went with the 6".&nbsp\\; I am real happy with the 6".&nbsp\\; I look over it all the time.&nbsp\\; I also have a Rallyrunner seat which is at least an inch lower than stock, if not two inches, and back at least an inch.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
IBHarley
Road Master

I have the 8" smoke for 2 years + and very happy with it,Moved it to the 08 when I traded the 06

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Bud Murray
3rd Gear

Got the 8" fast aire very pleased &amp\\;&nbsp\\;the price was right.

Quick Reply: Fast Aire Shields ?