Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for RineHart TD owners??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 PM
HDSE2
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question for RineHart TD owners??

I have had a set of TD's&nbsp\\;for about 20,000 and never an issue. Never lost a baffle, never lost a weld.( but know many who have ) They are begining to get a bit loud. By the tiome I return from Sturgis they should be ready for baffles.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Good luck on your choice.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
nmontz
Advanced

Yeah mine is just the right side pipe too.... 4th or 5th gear in the 2600-3000rpm range (which I cruise at most of the time)....sounds like a steady "chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp" or kinda a rattle about as fast as you can repeatedly snap your fingers. Sounds like it's coming from 3 ft back over my right shoulder. It's either the baffle or something rubbing. I've allready tried a few things but still can't hunt down the problem. Adjusted the length so they weren't hitting anywhere, messed with the heat shields, lubed the rubber bracket that holds them on, had the belt adjusted twice. I did not have the problem before when I had the baffles out but I haven't owned the bike set up with any other pipes. I have the stock pipes in a box somewhere though. They sound killer 75% of the time....but if I'm on a superslab and the wind is blowing the right way I have to listen to it the whole time. Today I rode about 250 miles and I could hear it on two of the roads I was on for probably 50 or so miles. It's gotta' be something simple I just can't put it together....I suppose I could take the baffles back out and after 50,000 miles with them I won't be able to hear anything anyway! :-) Maybe I'll e-mail them and see if there is a fix I could try.....I just wondered if anyone here has figured out a solution.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

TD No problems a little over 8000 miles&nbsp\\; tips are still black Great pipes

Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TDs on an '05 Road King Classic for 20k miles.&nbsp\\; Great sound, great torque in mid-range, tips turned purple then bronze.&nbsp\\; Loved the color.&nbsp\\; Never heard a chirp and never lost a baffle.&nbsp\\; Now have '08 Road Glide with the BUB crossdresser headers.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Just haven't got around to getting the&nbsp\\;Rinehart mufflers as of yet.&nbsp\\; I will soon.&nbsp\\; .......&nbsp\\; BC

Old 06-30-2008, 04:57 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: EdwardK

I love the low tone of my Rineharts. No problems for 15,000 miles. They do chirp and rattle a little but I'm the only one that can hear it.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
If you let the tips go past purple, they start to turn to turn bronze. I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;leave them like that as a badge of honor. If your tips are still balck, you dont ride enough. That or your too picky!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
If you don't like the color changing tips you can always get the chrome ones.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
As hatman said, they're not too loud but really sound sweet and get loud when you romp&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;on it. And the tone can't be beat.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
"Too Picky"
when paying over $500.00 for a set of mufflers I expect every component of them to be of first quality... So if that's "Picky" than I guess that's what&nbsp\\;I am.......

Old 07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
MainNutz
2nd Gear

I have them on my 06 RKC and love them. The only thing I have noticed is a popping when I get off them after some hard acceleration. Very pleased and have not had an issue with the left pipe for me or my passenger
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

I have them on the 08 with Bassani Power Curves headers.&nbsp\\; They are Brutal sounding.&nbsp\\; Hell yes, I would put them on again.&nbsp\\; There are few mufflers&nbsp\\;on the list I like the sound of, and&nbsp\\;many more&nbsp\\;I do not.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Reinharts, are no cheap date but I think worth the price.&nbsp\\; I have about 7K&nbsp\\;on mine now no issues.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Rineharts.

2 issues so far: purple tips, replaced. So far so good.

My other issue is my wife keeps brushing her show on the left pipe and getting melted rubber on it. How can I teach her to watch her foot position?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 AM
RCNFVR
Cruiser

I would not have any other kind they look and sound great.I put on set of RJ originals that helped heat issue and also helps so leg don't hit left pipe when backing up.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM
1hogridin
Stage IV
Default Rineharts

Had Rineharts on 04 EG , I would buy again great sound, good looks. Baffle did rattle until I put a small welded dot on baffle to tighten it up no problem after that.

Quick Reply: Question for RineHart TD owners??