Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for RineHart TD owners??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
tslonige
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question for RineHart TD owners??

Go with the Bassani Power Curve head pipes and then whatever slip-on you like, I have the V&amp\\;H Monster Ovals, black tips.&nbsp\\; The reason for the Bassani is the head pipes are equal length creating the same back pressure fo both cylinders.&nbsp\\; Many of&nbsp\\;the PC III maps have the same AF settings for both cylinders.&nbsp\\; My 02 cents or maybe only a penny.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
nmontz
Advanced

I got my 06' street glide used with TD's installed with the chrome tips allready on it. The guy had the baffles out which was pretty dang loud for me and also kind of blatty sounding. I put the baffles back and I like the lower throaty tone....I do get the chirping which I can hear depending on what way the wind is blowing, over bridges, or on a concrete road. It's probably not a big deal but I key into it. I do love the sound otherwise and I really like the way they look. What would be a solution to get rid of the chirpin'? New baffles, maybe? I hope I don't have to buy another set of mufflers.....does anyone have anything that has worked for them? Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
VicDawg
Cruiser

I have the Rinehart TD's - no problems so far and I like the sound and power they make.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Had Rinehart TD's on my '06 FLHX almost since&nbsp\\;day one. No problems or issues at any time. I've seen many discolored end caps and every time I see them I hear decel pop, sometimes&nbsp\\;severe.&nbsp\\;Mine have never discolored and&nbsp\\;I attribute that to&nbsp\\;good tuning (wish I could take credit for that, but&nbsp\\;my&nbsp\\;tuner gets the nod).&nbsp\\;If you're running lean the end caps will over heat and change color. Only makes sense.
The answer to the question is: Yes, I definitely would run Rineharts again. I've built up the motor to take advantage of the flow characteristics of these babies and couldn't be happier with the results. Got a ton of bite behind the bark and it doesn't run out of revs at 5000 rpm.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nmontz

What would be a solution to get rid of the chirpin'?
What exactly&nbsp\\;do you mean&nbsp\\;when you mention "chirpin?" Is this because of the TD's or does this condition exist with slip-ons also?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had them on my '04 since brand new.&nbsp\\; Only had one problem the 2nd week I owned them.&nbsp\\; Rode from Maryland to Sturgis... somewhere in SD the rear (left) pipe broke where it's mounted to the transmission.&nbsp\\; Put a hole in the pipe.&nbsp\\; I took pictures and then welded it up to get me through the week.&nbsp\\; Manufacturer replaced the pipe and it happened again in 6 months... finally, was replaced with the new mounting setup (same as MOCO uses) and haven't had an issue since with about 56,000 miles on them... well, except for the discolored end caps, but I can live with that.&nbsp\\; I'd do it all again... love the sound, look, and performance.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 PM
TrentsHog
Advanced

I have had them on my 06' Ultra for 2 years and love them. My only complaint was the tips turning purple. Fixed that by buying the chrome tips and they look great!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
e6fmf
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Have had them on my '04 RG since day one with no problem. I have however, turned them over so their cheezy diamond cut logo is not visible. Purple as purple can get.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:56 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

I would buy them again. I really like the eagle beaks but they don't sell them for the RH TD headers. Sound great and perform very well. You can buy a MAP from Latus Motors that will be pretty darn close to perfect and save some cheese on a Dyno tune.
&nbsp\\;
I just started hearing the chirping&nbsp\\;myself on a 200 mile ride to NE PA from MD. Never really noticed it until this trip.&nbsp\\;Only hearing it cruising in 6TH&nbsp\\;above 2600 RPM. Right Side pipe/muffler.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: HRLYSG

ORIGINAL: nmontz

+2
What would be a solution to get rid of the chirpin'?
What exactly&nbsp\\;do you mean&nbsp\\;when you mention "chirpin?" Is this because of the TD's or does this condition exist with slip-ons also?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
08 SG
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

&nbsp\\;I have a set on my 07 RC and I really think I am going to change to a&nbsp\\;BUB 7 2-1. I have gone on quite few longer rides and the Rineharts sound good until you have to listen to them for and hour or two. The noise&nbsp\\;can get old real quick!!
&nbsp\\;From what I have been able to find the BUB's offer good performance and are&nbsp\\;considerable more quiet.
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Question for RineHart TD owners??